• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ATX pin tool question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Hookem

After first trying the "staple" soulution...Way to much trouble...

Then getting a bobby pin, chopping off one end to where the ends were of equal lengtn and filing both sides thinner so it would slide down between the pin and both sides of the connector.

UNCLE!!! I give...It worked but what a hassle...The only way I could make it work was to first shove it down one side and then the other...Making the pin slide down about 1/8th of an inch...Allowing me to pull the wire out.

It flattend the barbs making me use a razor blade to bend them back out.

I found this one at SVC Link

Does anybody else know of other vendors that sell a similar tool...I have to have one ASAP...Hoping if I can find the manufacturers name so I can find one here in Houston.

I have 6 power supply's that I have to have done by Thursday and the bobby pin trick is just way to slow...Not to mention I am afraid out of six supply's I am going to screw atleast one up.

I have searched Waldom's site and googled my butt off.

HELP...Please!!!!

Hi Hookem-

This may sound kind of obvious but have you tried any of your local electronic supply outlets? Even Radio Shack carries a limited stock (2 types) of pin insertion/extractor tools. I can think of three outlets within 5 mi of where i'm sitting that have these.

Offhand I can't recall exactly the size extractor you need but maybe someone else will chime in with an answer.

Edit/ .093" :)

Good Luck
elec.tron

Last edited:
I have the 093's...The male and the female pin extractor tools...Bought the male from Fry's...I think it is a Waldom...The female extractor I purchased from Directron.

Went to Electrotex on Richmond here in Houston...It is about as big a wholesale electronics joint you can find

in the city...They do not have it...Went to another place on Fondren...Cant remeber the name.

Guess I will just roll the dice and hope I do not mess one of the connnectors up...I will be ordering a couple of them from SVC first thing in the morning.

One of the guys' at Electrotex told me he would try to find one for me...Sent him a email with a link to the tool at SVC...

Filed on my bobby pin some more and it helped...But it is still a pain...Waldom's website is terrible...I cannot find anything on it...

Found this on Fry's website Link

Have no idea if it is the right one...Looked for it today and could not find it...Employee could not find it in the system...GRRRR !!!!

Last edited:
Back