• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

p4 1.6a asus p4s533 problem, also discoloration on albatron IGP

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

hairulex

hey all,

I have this old system of mine (1.5 yrs), running with Asus p4s533 and p4 1.6a.... recently i've upgraded to windows xp sp1. however, i constantly have this problem where the profile keeps getting corrupted, and I lose files. The harddrive is brand new, WD 80gb, but i experience the same problems on an older maxtor 60gb. I run on 512mb samsung pc 2700 ram, i also have muskin value pc 2700 lying around (512mb). (That uses pny geforce 4 ti 4200 64mb which i haven't had problems with before. The power supply is enermax silent 350watts)

Is this problem due to my motherboard? or is it some other hardware?

The system is overclocked to 2.1ghz which is just 133mhz bus. I have no idea what to do with this system with its constant problems.

Just another problem that I have on a new system I just built is for my xp 2500 running on albatron nforce2 with IGP. I have kingston dual 512 pc 3200 value with IGP. In the beginning it was flawless, until I bought an fx5900se... then after realizing t hat the fx5900se wasn't that great, i returned it and went back to IGP. However, now occasionally I have this problem where the the computer boots but there is this very weird color scheme along the edges (reddish?).

Anyways, I'm able to solve that temporarily by resetting this jumper (i have no idea what it is, i was jus tplaying around and it worked), but the jumper is near the chipset cooler. Anyways, this would solve the problem for a while, but the discoloration comes back, so I would have to reset again. I was just wondering if there was a way to solve this permanently.

Thanks a lot

Back