• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

NF7 First Imperssions and Assembly. (56k Beware!)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Suma

Hey guys,
I just got my brand new Abit NF-7 Runnin' tommorow.
I updated the bios to tictac's bios and set the fsb to 227, running 6/6 dram/fsb and using a single channel Kingston Value Ram Pc2700 (BH-6). It seems stable, it's runningg 9hrs and counting. I'm planning on doing the Vdimm mod to this board and I might to a VDD mod also if needed.

Here are some pics of my new NF7:

A_{ABD5E901-8471-4F50-85D1-7D1E1ED4002D}.JPG

A_{7B4D68A3-A40A-402C-ADB7-6E503112F616}.JPG

A_{7968E6DF-7C8F-4197-8708-F2946D65E388}.JPG

A_{FBC58E62-3CA6-48E0-81FA-C17A102744EA}.JPG

A_{01041AF6-4638-40EA-A1AE-16BA037B9775}_normal.JPG

Suma. ;)

Last edited:
10x juliendogg!
I really need to mod it, but I don't have any VRs at home at this time :p.
I like the "Copperish" look also it's nicer then the annoying aluminum :p

Suma.

Suma said:
10x juliendogg!
I really need to mod it, but I don't have any VRs at home at this time :p.
I like the "Copperish" look also it's nicer then the annoying aluminum :p

Suma.

Nice Rig :beer:

Well, I had some probs with my webhosting, I'll upload them to another server too.

and thx lemak :D

Suma.

Nice one mate Well done looks nice :)

Too scared, Idle to mod my board "NF7-S 2.0"

Maybe one day i get ball's big enough to do summat about
my comp :) But until then im happy :)

:confused: Errrrr....what the %&@*@???

Ummm, my mobo looks absolutly nothing like that one:confused: I just got my NF7 and both the DIMMs and the IDE slots are black..

Too weird. Im glad urs work out so well!:beer:. Im just a little confused about how different your looks from mine. Did they just change the layout? Ive had my board for less than a month.

Yea I noticed that to all my Dimm Slots are black same as my IDE as well, I dunno

I niced that it is it the NF& and not the NF&-S is that correct? if so that could explain the diff color connections

LOL, thanks.
and about the dimms
I just picked up another 2 mobos, 1 is colored like the one in the pics and one has black dimms and ata connectors.

That's odd. :)

Very nice board.

About a month ago I bought a NF7 refurb from newegg and what a nice, stable board with 2500 OC'd 2.15GHz and two 256MB Kingston PC2700 sticks. Nice thing is I got everything like new in the box and installed it, hooked everything up and first boot it took off like a road runner. PNY 128MB VGA and Hercules Fortissimo II sound, Fortron 350W PSU.

No idea what version but aida32 shows nForce chip December 2003. Flashed BIOS using ABIT utility and piece of cake, couldn't have been easier. Punch line is I got it for $43.00 so that ain't bad and we very happy. :) Apparently it automatically recognizes two modules and post screen shows "dual channel memory enabled."

Only downside to refurbs is the 15 day warranty but I let them run seven days non-stop then do normal shut downs and start-ups and if it makes it fourteen days I figure I got a good one. Six months ago I bought an Epox 8RDA refurb and it runs like a champ to.

By the way, lots of substantial rebates on memory at Best Buy so take a look-see:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage...ntCatID=false&initialize=true&_requestid=3612

Yeah, you gonna' love that NF7 Suma, and if it runs that good I wonder what the new ABIT AT7-MAX2 is like? Wooo-Hooo!

Back