• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Where are all my Celeron buddies at????

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Humpmasta_Flex

Registered
I have been asking questions on another thread about this and I have to gain the attention of anyone with some direct experience in this selection (not that the others weren't any help, just that I could use all the help I can get) lol.
I'm anting to OC my system and have run into a snag. I have setup an Intel Cel 2.7 128 L2 400mhz bus. When I raised my clock speed on my Bios to 3.11 it runs smooth. I ran the Toast burner for three hours and it ran fine. i know that when you run a burner that you are supposed to run it all day but I am a noob ...liable excuse... anyways, when I raised it agin to 3.2 (raising it by the mulitiplier xxx * 27; currently 110 * 27) and when I boot up it goes all the way up until the logon screen to W2K and then BOOM!!!! The blue screen of death out of no where....now, I thought that when your CPU doesn't have enough voltage it would hang right after BIOS bootup. So what could this mean? Do I need to up my vo9ltage at this point or what. And if so, which one. I have one for DDR and one for Vcore and then one for AGP (obviously not this one). My setup allows me to lock the AGP and PCI so that my OCing doesn't mess them up. - Humpmasta_flex
I think you just need to up the vcore in tiny increments. If your ram is running above its recommended speed, also up the vdimm in tiny increments. -Quailane
I'm going to do that as soon as I get off work here in about 3 hours. Hopefully I can figure out the right balance between the two and get my PC in high gear. lol ----- K, I went home today and tried to up it in tiny incriments but the computer wont boot up properly if I adjust the Vcore at all. I uped it from default (I believe it is 1.20) to 1.25 and restarted the PC when it botted back up wouldn't even load the BIOS boot. I had to pull jumpers to get it back. Any help???????? --Humpmasta_Flex

Well, a Celly 2.7 will have a default vcore of 1.525v, not what you listed. Try 1.55v and see what happens. A BSOD is sometimes a memory problem. But, even using the 3:4 ratio, that should still be less than what your PC2700 is rated for unless you have lowered your timings. So, I think the RAM is probably ok.

I suspect you have reached the limit of your PCI bus. You said that you can reach 3.1 gig, but can't go higher. Well, 3.1 gig is 27X115 FSB and that means your PCI bus is running at 38 MHz. Usually, that's about when PCI cards, IDE controller, and harddrives give up being stable. Check to see if you can lock the PCI bus to the default speed of 33 MHz. If not, then you've probably reached the limit.

I just looked up the manual for the Soyo P4I845PE Lite board at their web site and it does have a 66/33 lock, but it is enabled by default, so that might not be the problem. Maybe you could double check to make sure it is still enabled.

Back