• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Bios for Soyo Dragon KT-600 ver.1 needed

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Dukemurmur

I need the bios to this mobo as i di the pin mod and now it boots up and asks for the bios boot disk and i don't have it and i can't find it online at there site so i have no cluw where else to look for it. I did the pin mod to my 2400 to a 2.33 at 17x multi and 1.75 vcore. Any help would be great thnxs

I found the none version 1 bios but it wont take it it says invalid boot disk!!! Also could u tell me how to make one so that i do it right??

o please come on ppl i need this comp!! could u please just tell me?? if u look at u might as well post?!?!?!?!?! ans if u post u might as well make it constructive so tell me where and how please or post links!!

well i hit the POS and it booted up and worked up till windows then i twas corrupted and wouldent let me repair so i got a new drive put xp on it swapped files from old to new nuked the old. now i have drives!!!!

next time, maybe buy a bios chip off the company? sometimes they'll send it to you for free. i got a few abit, asus, and msi ones for friends and the companies were real sweethearts, often not even asking me to pay shipping.

i was thinking about that but i need my comp every day and it is the only one i have but i think that i will put an order in and get just incase

I believe what was happening was that for whatever reason, your machine could not complete the bootstrap operation. You were only getting to the boot block BIOS, which is a small portion of the BIOS that is write protected, and is meant to save your butt when something goes wrong with a BIOS flash.

If you ever really need to do a boot block BIOS flash, here is a guide, http://www.sysopt.com/articles/recoverbios/ .

But normally, all you need to do is back off your overclock, and will boot just fine.

I don't know why hitting it helped. Maybe the memory or something else was loose? It was a stroke of luck, anyway.

Back