• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

430 Watt Enermax enough to power the Swifty MCP600 pump?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

situman

3.0C overclocked to [email protected] on IC7 1 gig of memory 1 HD, Floppy, Dvdwriter, Dvdrom. 9800NP, Audigy, and 6 fans. Any chance of the powersupply surviving the extra drain by the swifty?

Im just afraid it will compromise the stability of the overclock since it will be stealing juice from it

If it scares you that much, you can usualy find a small 12v psu pretty cheap if you look around online. I found one for about $5 after shipping at allelectronics.com that will handle about 22amps.

situman said:
3.0C overclocked to [email protected] on IC7 1 gig of memory 1 HD, Floppy, Dvdwriter, Dvdrom. 9800NP, Audigy, and 6 fans. Any chance of the powersupply surviving the extra drain by the swifty?

No its not, you need a 5kWatt Powersupply... :rolleyes:

You posted all your hardware like we're all computer engineers who can add up relative wattage information in our heads without hesitation for some person on the internet...

Why didn't you just do that all yourself, its really simple to do.

Re: Re: 430 Watt Enermax enough to power the Swifty MCP600 pump?

iNSiGMA said:

No its not, you need a 5kWatt Powersupply... :rolleyes:

You posted all your hardware like we're all computer engineers who can add up relative wattage information in our heads without hesitation for some person on the internet...

Why didn't you just do that all yourself, its really simple to do.

:( I think he posted because he doesn't know how to add it up, or where to find the wattage specification on all that. I more helpful reply would have been to say the pump pulls about 10w, relatively nothing.

I was just listing my hardware to let you guys know what I have suckn the juice out of the psu. I was hoping someone with a similar setup can give tell me their experiences. Im not asking for sarcastic answers (insigma).

situman said:
I was just listing my hardware to let you guys know what I have suckn the juice out of the psu. I was hoping someone with a similar setup can give tell me their experiences. Im not asking for sarcastic answers (insigma).

We already know what you have sucking out of your cpu.. those are standard components. Thats like telling the guy at the car shop how many headlights you have on your vehicle..

Anywayz lets drop it, I was in the wrong. But google is always there to assist you.

TheGhengisKhan said:
If it scares you that much, you can usualy find a small 12v psu pretty cheap if you look around online. I found one for about $5 after shipping at allelectronics.com that will handle about 22amps.

$5??? 22Amps??? Is that 22amps continuous load? Still have the part number?

Back