• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

running dual loops ina cheiftec-setup?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

sandman001

Just Freeze It
I need some help setting up dual loops.

I have all the components, I'm just having trouble routing it all.

the components are:
cpu loop:::::maze3-black Ice extreme-mag2
gpu loop::::maze4-1 w/80watt pelt-via aqua 1300-caprice dual 120mm heatercore in front

I just can't route it all, I need some ideas.

Does everything fit in the case, and have a place?

That's your first step.

I recently finished putting my setup together, and I had similar issues. My circuit has three waterblocks, three radiators, a really big pump, a tonne of cabling, drives, and fans, and two T-lines crammed into a Cheiftec Full-Tower.

I found that sacrifices needed to be made for everything to fit. I had to remove both my internal drive cages, and mount my hard drive in a 5.25" drive bay. I needed to make a lot of cuts to fit everything, and alter the positioning of the power supply. The finished product is crowded, but fairly clean. I used wire routing clips, and 'heat-bent' tubing to make evrything as tidy as possible - you might want to look into a heat gun for softening tubing (I find it helps to get it into the curve you want, without kinking it or using clamps), and cable clamps to route your wiring as well - this is going to be a really crammed setup when it's done.

What you need to do is decide where you want to place your radiators, and pumps. After that the actual tubing routing will be tight, but possible. It is almost certain that you will need to use 90 degree elbows to avoid kinking, so you may as well order 10 of them in black from ww.mcmaster.com right now ;).

If you place your Caprice core in the front of your case, that leaves the case ceiling for the BIX. You could sacrifice a few 5.25" Drive bays, and fit it up there, suspended from the case ceiling, or place it between the PSU and drive bays, if it will fit. I wouldn't plan on using more than one fan with it however, as the extension will be to great (unless you have the much taller full tower).

The pumps will probably be the hardest to place. One underneath the video card should work fine with an elbow, and the second might fit in the middle of your case if it is small enough, suspended from the ceiling if you can fabricate a harness, or in two drive bays.

If you don't have the taller Chieftec case, I would seriously consider an external box for the pumps, and maybe even the radiators.

That's exactly how I have the radiators right now. The BIX is inbetween the PSU and the 5.25" drive bays.

Basically, I"m having troubly fitting in the pumps. I have one right behind the caprice heatercore. I can't put one under the video card, because of the maze4-1's height, so it takes up two PCi slots, and then I have a sound card.

Have you thought about a suspension harness for one of the pumps?

Several people have used them with no problems, and it might be the only way to fit it inside of the case. The only problem I can see is still space - the pump might not even fit in the middle of the case, suspended from the ceiling.

What about underneath the PSU mounting platform? If you did some clever cutting, and added some bits it might be possible.

I thought about that. My via aqua has little suction feet, but it makes for some tight bends in the tubing.

I might be getting a new case now anyways, so I think I"m just gonna sit on it and see what happens.

Back