• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Which MB?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

r4fo

I need your help for choosing a MB - planning to use it with a 2600+ Mobile.
I only have the following options...

*ABIT AN7
*ABIT KV7
*ASUS A7N8X DELUXE
*ASUS A7N8X-E DELUXE
*MSI K7N2 DELTA-L

Thanks

I don't have any experience with the boards you listed but I as well as many others have and love the Abit NF7-S for overclocking the mobile AMD's.

r4fo said:
I need your help for choosing a MB - planning to use it with a 2600+ Mobile.
I only have the following options...

*ABIT AN7
*ABIT KV7
*ASUS A7N8X DELUXE
*ASUS A7N8X-E DELUXE
*MSI K7N2 DELTA-L

Thanks

Guys can I point out the fact that he said "I only have the following options...."

If thats all you can get, then I would go with the AN7 hands down. Its basically the same as the NF7-S but slightly revised.

The only other MB out of their I would even consider is the A7N8X-DLX

Out of those, I guess the AN7 would probabaly be the best. However, many people have had lots of problems with this board not working, so its definetly a somewhat risky purchase. The Asus A7N8X isnt too bad, but its just not the greatest overclockers board. Its voltage options leave much to be desired when compared to other boards.

Like some others said, the Abit NF7-S, DFI Infinity, and even the Shuttle An35N Ultra would all be better choices. Out of your list though, I would have to go with the AN7

DFI Lanparty kicks AS5.

better for ocing than the NF7-s because the vdimm goes up to 3.3v out of the box.

Do you think that the AN7 issues are just BIOS dependand? If so i'll stick to it since it will be finally fixed...

Back