• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FSB200 with multipl locked?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SybrCLocK

i`ve got a barton 2500+ and a NF7

i`ve set iti to 200 fsb, and raised the voltage to 1.7 and it wont boot into windows... !
@183 FSB it boots but windows 2000 cracks, and i get a blue screen!

the multiplyer is locked!

1. so... can i do 200FSB with the multiplayer locked?
2. how do AMD cpu's support high fsg... can i raise it to 1.9 wihtout having to worry.

any help is welcome

fsb of 200 would give you 2.2ghz. that should be doable with your proc. My first thought is that your ram is crapping out on you at 180+. what type/speed of ram are you using ?

J

What ram are you using? Divider? PSU? Cooling? It is most likely the ram holding you back. What dividers are you using... give us some more info, please.

ok i`ve got some cheep ram (syncron)...and becouse of that i left it in control of the SPD (tryed optimal too)

the divider i left on auto, if it isn't to much trouble.. how is the divider working.. since i`m using intel i dont know how AMD does it.

PSU: it's cheep to... generic one.
cooling: it's a copper based cooler, the temp is around 45

Your possible problem:
ok i`ve got some cheep ram (syncron)...and becouse of that i left it in control of the SPD (tryed optimal too)

PSU: it's cheep to... generic one.
cooling: it's a copper based cooler, the temp is around 45
The RAM could very well be holding you back. The PSU could play a large part in sability as well. Additional cooling would help you out too. At this point, however, I would look to RAM first. Give it some voltage (2.9) and give your chipset 1.6v or less. Leave the divider at 6/6 or 5/5.

SybrCLocK said:
i`ve set iti to 200 fsb, and raised the voltage to 1.7 and it wont boot into windows... !

I think the most obvious thing you should try first is upping the cpu voltage past 1.7. 1.7v is like hardly over default (1.65v). Although a lot of the newer Bartons can do 200x11 @ stock voltage, some can't. To be safe, put it to like 1.85v (which will give you an actual voltage of somewhere around 1.8v) and see if it still doesn't work. (If it doesn't, then it's probably one of the other things that people have mentioned already). Don't worry about upping the voltage. I've been running mine at 1.9 (1.95v bios) pretty much for a year, 24/7, with no problems, although I do have fairly good cooling. What heatsink and fan are you using?

Back