• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

core 79

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

BKPBS

I haven't really heard much talk about the proteins that use the 79 core lately but today i recieved protein p934_fkfe_all.
its not the best points getter at about 400ppw on one instance for a HT p4 at 3.25Ghz.

One thing i did notice was that the 160 pointer folding on the other instance seemed to drop ~3min. off its folding frame time. Im not sure if its just because the 79 core uses SSE2 or if all proteins fluctuate in ppw depending on the other protein in HT pc's(I've only had the p4 for ~2weeks so i havent learned all the differences from AMD's:p )

So anyways just wondering what other peoples results have been in ppw and the like.

Im getting 720 from a 2.85Ghz P4. That is on a 160 pointer though. 400 seems low unless it is slower to run the computations on the one you are doing.

The new 79 core is referred to as a 'Double Gromacs Core'. Perhaps it is just that, therefor slowing down frames. I have one too and my frame time has dropped by 50% on that wu. My other Hyper-Thread is getting pounded by the 160 point wu's. Ugh! That's okay...it a P4, she tales it and asks for more.

Back