• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Antec TP550

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mykkk

Ok, these psu's are supposed to have noise control technology by running the psu fans low when the temperature is low.

Now my case temps are no higher than 32c at load. (I run my system everyday at 2ghz only for the noise reason. 10*200 @1.45v) This is with all case fans, cpu fan etc running low, and the loudest thing in my system seems to be the psu! like wtf....i have tested each of the case fans by switching them off. Is it only me or does the psu actually generate quite alot of noise?

my northbridge fan is also set to low too, so its not that. (Its a vantec copper iceberq connected to a fan controller)

well to cut a long story short, to all the others that own this psu, do u find this psu to be loud? and is it worth moving to one of those silent globalwin ones?

You could replace the fans or wire them to a fan controller, the process isn't that difficult.

Is there a guide how to do this?

another thing is, umm doesnt this void my lifetime warranty? or is the warranty shorter than that? can't remember off the top og my head

Warranty is 3 years. If you open it up it's voided.

If you have the fan sensor connected to your mobo what rpm does it read? (if it's higher then about 1200 rpm then the PSU temp sensor is reading 40C on a PSU heatsink).

antecRep

Back