• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Odd Behavior with core 79

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I went to check 5 machines running core_79, mine do the same thing... must be normal i guess. It is using SSE2 (only my intel rigs have them) and could be some weird algorithm :confused:

Same thing happening here!
I'm starting to hate these core 79 proteins, I want my 160 pointers back!:(

i can't see the screen shot... but if its your cpu usage jumping up and down over and over, it happens to me also

Just checked my P4 2.4 rig and it does the same darn thing also. I wish there was a way to bypass these WU's with an SSE2 enabled rig to get regular Gromacs because frankly the points return on them isn't as good for me.

I haven't noticed my PPW dropping with these Core79 on my intel rig. I do know that getting one on an AMD sucks big time. The normal production dropped in 1/2 on the Watercooled rig with those.

it varies the cpu load but still seems to get the same time frames so i guess its doing what it is supposed to do...i have seen large setbacks in ppw in amd machines with these like fast420a said....amd chips hate these things.

Back