• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Sharing my success!! a7n8x-dlx 1.04 2500+ barton

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

vixro

Just wanted to post my success. I have been a reader of this forum for about 2 months and decided to upgrade from a 2100+ xp to a 2500+ barton. (I'd rather not mess with the mobiles as I don't know anything about them really.) About a month ago when I had a 3000+ 400mhz in here it would not run at 200fsb without crashing so I returned it to newegg and got my money back. ($25 restocking fee + $10 shipping :( ) Anyway, I then ordered the 2500+, to my dismay it came locked. That was to be expected and again I was getting the same problems! I thought it may be my RAM or just something bunk somewhere. I did goldmem test and my RAM was fine, but then I did something crazy.... I downgraded my bios from 1007 to 1004 Uber. Problems solved instantly!!! I can run 200 fsb EASY, 205 prime stable, haven't tried anything spliffy since then since I'm happy with this. I just wanted to share my success since people only seem to post with problems.

congratulations its nice when you solve a problem youre self ....

i could not get past 200 as well and found out it was the heatsink on the north bridge that caused it .....i took it off and reaplied some as3 to it...the stuff from the factory was only makeing half contact with the chip .....

after that everything was ok .....

if you went with a mobile say a 2500 then you would have had the multis up to 12.5 on hand .....and it would have just slotted into youre board ....as they use the same pins

Now get that fsb up you cant just settle on 200 !!!! lol

welcome to the forums

I made mine run at 235FSB for a few minutes, but I backed down coz I was scared I was gonna break something.

Back