• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

unloicking powernow...........

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Yeah, you need a VIA mobo, (can't be done on nForce2s).

'PowerNow' feature allows voltage and multiplier changes in order to preserve battery life.

So if you have motherboard/chipset/BIOS support for PowerNow which not all boards do, nForce2 does not, you can use this feature on locked desktop CPUs.

You also need to boot into Windows with your locked multiplier and the FSB with which you can boot into Windows but you cannot change the FSB inside Windows, only the multiplier. Ironically, you can change the FSB too inside Windows with nForce2s but they have no PowerNow feature so it's of no use with super locked chips.

So with this so called super unlock method, remembering that MHz Speed = [FSB] x multiplier

FSB can be changed only before you boot into Windows but
multiplier can only be changed after you boot into Windows.

...with limited success so far.

It's not a real unlock at all.

i have an abit kv7 (via kt600) i i can change FSB from windows but not my multiplier. i use CPUFSB to change bus. either that or CPU COOL. i have tried alot to do the L5 mod for power now with no success any suggestions???

thanks

Back