• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

cpu temperature too high?!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

adinona

Registered
Hello,

I run my P4 3.2ghz at 3.7ghz with stock air cooling.

When idle temp is 33C and when 100% usage stays at 53C.

How safe is it?

Will the cpu performance at a high temp be lowered?

Thanks.

your temps seem normal...and if you havent seen any performance drops yet then your good...also your temps are pretty good with stock cooling...i would like to see your temp with a SP-94 and a Vantec Tornado

OK guys! Here is the HUGE difference:

I just installed sp-94 with panaflo 92mm,

running P4 3.2ghz at 3.9ghz(upgraded from 3.7:)), cpu idle at 32C, 100% usage at 47C

isn't this amazing?:)

some notes: windows won't boot with "auto" vcore cpu setting.
set it to 1.75 vcore to have the above mentioned, stable so far...

I'm thinking to get the tornado 92mm and get it to 4.0ghz!!! Don't think i can stand the noise but i'll give it a try.

sisandra benchmark: cpu arithm: 11746

Last edited:
there it is:

Attachments

• screenhunter_001.jpg
    screenhunter_001.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 252
and the benchmark:

Attachments

• screenhunter_003.jpg
    screenhunter_003.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 244
adinona good benchmark can u please turn off hyperthreading and post another sandra memory ,multimidia ,memory benchmark

Holy poptarts I'd drop your VCORE down to no more then 1.700 or you can say hi to S.N.D.S pretty soon. I've never even thought of running 1.8 to my intel...

abitavenger said:
Holy poptarts I'd drop your VCORE down to no more then 1.700 or you can say hi to S.N.D.S pretty soon. I've never even thought of running 1.8 to my intel...

Have you ever really seen a cpu die from S.N.D.S?

I'd say it's ok as long as his temps are good. Which they are.

Hello again,

I think I found the best setting for my cpu:

3.2 running at 3.850mhz, vcore 1.60

idle at 27C, 100% usage stays at 40C

This was the best overclock i could get at this very low temps.

I noticed the key in lowering the temps is the vcore, before I had 1.75 vcore to be able to stay at 3.9ghz but with temps at 47C; 1.75, 1.70 was too much for 3.85ghz, so with 1.60 best temps, thanks to sp-94:)

sisandra benchmark cpu arithm now is: 11746

Back