• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

OC 2 x Opteron 246

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

I have dual opteron 246's running on a tyan tiger 2875.
i'd love to see where i can push this system. anyone
have any experience or ideas?

AFAIK TYAN makes great server boards but they don't usually put any overclocking features into their boards. so I don't see a way for you to clock that thing.
What chipset is that board running, check out clockgen on www.cpuid.com

is clockgen used for dual cpu systems?
are there any known issues w/ oc'ing dual systems?
has anyone oc'ed a dual opteron system successfully?
and if so on what mainboard?

In my sig, dual Opt 242 on MSI Master 2 FAR, doing pretty good, but I'd love to have 2 246 :D, wanna trade?? :D anyways pics in the SMP section. The chips I have one will run 15 mhz extra the other one only 10. I found that out by running them one at a time.

i am very happy with my box, i was just curious. it seems like no matter how fast a box i get it's just never fast enough, but even when i am pegging both procs it is very responsive.

nn : i'm assuming you haven't noticed any weirdness w/ your chips running at diff speeds? does the msi board you have have shared or indie ht busses?

they're not running at different speed, I tested to see what's the limits are on them then run them at the limit of the slower one, since my board does not have the option to oc each one, it's either all or nothing. And the MSI board I have shared the memory banks. So responsive I love it :D...

Back