• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

A7V FSB ?'s..........Help!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

BIG-O-2

Well, I got over the hump 1008 mHz.......10x100
If I try to Jackup the FSB it gets too unstable??
Why is this?? Is the A7V that unstable with FSB??

Can Someone help me here...........?:(

Hmm i had that same problem with that A7V i couldn't get any higher then 105 either when i did my system would get all kinds of errors that was at 8.0x105 i think that boared sucked compared to this one that cost less now im running the same Duron at 7.0 133 933mhz :) get a epox i did and im happy i did. It was worth it the FSB multiplier will go upto 250 on this board. and the cpu volts will go high wothout having to solder.

This seems strange to me. I've got the "budget" board, the A7V-E which has a documented limit of 110fsb but an undocumented limit of 117, which I'm running it at with no problem. It's odd that the "budget" board would out perform the standard one.

Bender's right on the money.

I've built several A7V and A7V133 systems.

The KT133 FSB issue;

The A7V, as well as all first generation socket A motherboards, used the KT133 chipset. This chipset didn't officially support the FSB much above the 107 / 110MHz range. When this chipset was introduced there were no "C" (266) CPU's from AMD yet, therefore there was no need to officially support anything above the default of 100MHz. With the advent of the "C" (266) CPU's from AMD, as well as the additional time that they now had for R&D but didn't have the luxury of the first time around, VIA introduced the KT133A chipset that does indeed support the FSB to 133+MHZ. As a matter fact many have been successful getting the FSB to as much as 150 and beyond.

This limitation wasn't an isolated problem on ASUS motherboards, rather it afflicted all boards with the original KT133 chipset.

I've found the A7V to be an excellent board for overclocking, although limited to the multipliers, with little help from the FSB. I've gotten similar clock speeds from given proccessors on this board as I have achieved on an A7V133 including a couple of DURON 600's to at least 1100MHz.

I hope this helps.

Thanks for the response.......
I have had little luck with the FSB, but the Multiplyers kick a** the thing can do 1008 rock solid but it does little for the memory.
I will stick with it for now and I am thinking of making this CPU perm. on L7 to 1.85V and changing the clock speed to 10 perm. Is this a good Idea or am I just getting weard?

What do you'll think.......??

Back