• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What about the new Durons!?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

autoMATTic

All this talk about the A64's and Prescotts. No one seems interested in the new 32 bit Durons with the HyperTransport bus. ANyone know of any good online article about these new chips. I know there quite a ways away.

I want to try one, but all the new ones are locked. I might bite the bullet anyways, and spin the wheel. You never know what you are going to get.

They clock really well, and are super cheap.

Today's Athlon XP's will become tomorrow's Durons.

256k cache, but socket 754 and a Hypertransport bus.

Maybe Athlon64 without x86-64 support, and a halved cache is a better description.

Greenman's right, though. You should know better by now to post in the proper section.

tom10167 said:
New Durons? As in... New? Weren't Durons around about the same time the Thunderbird chips? Whoa, that's like... old.

<<Confused.

Theyve brought out new higher speed durons based on tbred core

haha just havin fun.. i find it funny that everyone gets on his ***. the mod should just move it and message him

really what is the big deal?? many other post in the wrong thread also i have noticed that MANY ppl are now complaing about "missplaced posts" in the last week or so, why??? Just have a mod move it or just ONE person say wrong spot but at least it is in the CPU section so what if it isn't in the AMD part?? Then what is supposed to get posted in here?

greenman100- you can't be serious are you? You act like I posted a question about a harddrive or something. Loosen your panties. Your first post was way more useless and out of order than this whole post if it is posted in the wrong forum.

Anyway back to the Duron. I'm not talking about the old durons but the new ones that are to be coming out with the Hypertransport bus that gautam was talking about. http://www.c627627.com/AMD/AthlonXP/

autoMATTic said:
greenman100- you can't be serious are you? You act like I posted a question about a harddrive or something. Loosen your panties. Your first post was way more useless and out of order than this whole post if it is posted in the wrong forum.

Anyway back to the Duron. I'm not talking about the old durons but the new ones that are to be coming out with the Hypertransport bus that gautam was talking about. http://www.c627627.com/AMD/AthlonXP/

Who manufactures the AMD Duron (R)?

Simmer. This belongs in AMD CPUs.

Although.....the Duron is a CPU.....and this is the CPU section.
So I could see how he might place his question here.

He's not such a bad boy.

If you do find a review of this new Duron I would like to read it….this is the first I heard about it.

1) Hi everyone, I'm thread monitoring. :)

2) CPU's is a good place for this, although AMD CPU's is better.

3) Hi everyone, I'm thread monitoring. :)

4) Did I mention I was thread monitoring?

7keys said:
Although.....the Duron is a CPU.....and this is the CPU section.
So I could see how he might place his question here.

He's not such a bad boy.

Just a question...What's the point of the AMD subsection if everyone with an AMD processor posts in the main CPUs section? There's a big sticky at the top of the CPUs section about this.

Originally in a sticky at the top of CPUs
*Please* Place posts in the proper catagory
As you may have noticed, we have divided the CPU forum into AMD and Intel sections. Please post specific configuration and optimization threads concerning one or the other in the proper section. I am moving these threads every half hour at present, and it's getting old.

Examples of the type of threads that belong in the main CPU section (rather than the aforementioned AMD or Intel sections) are:

1) Posts that discuss differences between Intel and AMD cpus.
2) Questions regarding appropriate choice of one or the other for a given application.
3) Posts that are of a general enough nature that both the question and the answer are relevant to users of either type of CPU.

This is not exactly life and death, but it is nice to keep posts in their proper place as it allows others to follow their area of interest more closely without missing threads posted in the wrong section. It also gives you as the poster a better chance of getting your question answered correctly as the regulars in either section know their particular side of the fence very well.

Thank you for your cooperation.

larva
Forums Moderator

Dragonprince said:

Was it moved to the AMD section by a mod? because thats where I read it.....

eobard said:
1) Hi everyone, I'm thread monitoring. :)

2) CPU's is a good place for this, although AMD CPU's is better.

3) Hi everyone, I'm thread monitoring. :)

4) Did I mention I was thread monitoring?

I'm pretty sure eobard moved it. Speaking of him, I'vebeen seeing him in a lot of my posts recently. :cool:

greenman100 said:

I'm pretty sure eobard moved it.

1) Yes I moved it. Usually when a mod moves a thread they claim credit for the moveage but this time I felt is was obvious enough so I didn't bother.
greenman100 said:
Speaking of him, I've been seeing him in a lot of my posts recently. :cool:
2) Speaking of me, I wish I had a smiliey that looked like it was following someone. Just for comedic effect mind you. Yes, comedic effect, that should stick....

Back