• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I just got a new 1gig ayhja, look what it came in.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

PanteraGSTK

:mad: I just recieved my new 1gig ayhja from overclockers store. but look what they sent it in. And all the bridges are cut. They just put it pins down in this thing and wrapped with plastic and stuck it in a box. I fixed the pins though. Now all I need is my 8k7a+ from epox to come in when they restock.

well actually thats how ALL oem chips come from AMD. and it doesnt damage the pins unless it is placed in the plastic retainer in the wrong way { the corners of your chips underside} . thay actually ship like that on racks of 6 x 6 and larger and are then cut and snapped off to the customer...................................

Exactly how all of mine have come too. But I've never had a problem with the pins being damaged. As for the bridges, it's not surprising to hear the L1 bridges are cut. Just connect them across with a pencil, or a conductive pen, and you should be able to up the multiplier.

PanteraGSTK said:
:mad: I just recieved my new 1gig ayhja from overclockers store. but look what they sent it in. And all the bridges are cut. They just put it pins down in this thing and wrapped with plastic and stuck it in a box. I fixed the pins though. Now all I need is my 8k7a+ from epox to come in when they restock.

That's exactly how mine came. I messed around with it some, It's stable at 1520(9.5*160), seems to crunch SETI in just a hair over 4 hours:D

well the only thing about the way it acame is the pins were down!! I had to fix them.

As far as the bridges being cut, that does not surprise me. I have yet to hear of a factory unlocked 1 GHz chip.

That does look like a cut chip tray section to me (as others have verified). Usually when I get chips shipped to me they come wrapped in foam and placed in a cardboard box - I can see how wrapping a section of tray in plastic and shipping like that could be a problem. I would have returned the chip, though, and requested greater care when they send a replacement.

SickBoy

Re: Re: I just got a new 1gig ayhja, look what it came in.

chaosdriven said:

That's exactly how mine came. I messed around with it some, It's stable at 1520(9.5*160), seems to crunch SETI in just a hair over 4 hours:D

will it work at 10x160? god 1600 that would be nice. how much are they anyhow?

Re: Re: Re: I just got a new 1gig ayhja, look what it came in.

el said:

will it work at 10x160? god 1600 that would be nice. how much are they anyhow?

Mine was also $104.99+8.00shipping=112.99

Right now I have it at 1528(9.5*161). Anything with a higher FSB though and it fails right after "DMI verification". Oddly then, when I reboot to reset the bios it then has a tendency to lock up while in the bios. 10*160 is a no go with the same results.

I just ordered a 400W power supply in the hope that with a little more power and better cooling I might reach that 1600 mark. Realistically though, I'm very happy to be at or just over 1500. :D

It also runs fine at 10*150.

Wow thats incredible! My 1.4 will pull 1650, but my memory holds it back.... I have some mucho-mushkin on the way to solve that dilemma! How warm does that 1G get at 1.5? Like I said, mine will not hold 1.7, but seems to be really cozy at 1.65G (cept for all the freaking memory probs) it runs 1.65 at 102-104 F all day long..... BTW anyone wondering about the highest heat on these things, my CPU fan crapped out the other day, and this thing ran for about 16 hours or so (I was of course away) with SETI going full blast at 138F!!! I just about s*** a kitten when I came home and looked at my temp!!! I do luckily have a 120mm intake fan positioned just "above" the CPU fan, and I assume thats what kept it alive.... nevertheless, I worry not about temps anymore.... LOL Later all! Crunch on!

still 51C for 1500 air cooled is not bad! the AYHJA run cooler but not that much cooler than the AXIAs. could you try it at default with lets say a 1.65vcore? I bet it will run prime 95 at 85F or so.

[email protected] load temps that is.

Back