• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Comments on homemade waterblock, please !!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TheMortalWombat

Registered
Hi all !

I've decided to make my own waterblock, but what design to use?

I don't have access to a milling machine, but I've got a sheet of 2 mm copper.

I plan to to a simple box design, placing internal walls making the water spiral (kinda like a @)

Will this design be ok? I'll place the entry spout centered on top of the waterblock (cool water on the die)

Should I add a coldplate?

What I've got so far:

Radiator: Heater core from '79 Ford Fiesta 10"x6"x1½" (room for 4 80 mm fans) aluminium (I know copper would be better, but this one was free :)) approx 200 fins
Pump: PJP 1200 (265 GPH@3')
½" fittings and silicon tubing

TMW

Last edited:
A simple cross-drilled copper block

The block I made was a simple cross-drilled design. It was really easy to make and it never
indicated that it would ever leak. There
are no unesecary steps like welding are anything.
It's simple effective and easy to do, you just need a drill.

hopes this helps.

Fisco.

I would sugest having the water that comes in enter directly on top of the core, and then start your @ from there. You want the coldest water coming in where it needs it most. Thats kind of why the maze-2 does so well. Hope this helps.

You could cut the top off a PVC cap, and put it on top of the copper plate. Drill two holes and tap them for pipe threads, then just get two barbed hose attachments and put them in.

I cant find it but there was an article on how to make a water block out of a coper end cap. I made one and it works. just get some plexy and use that to cover up the open end of the cap. Drill a hold in the center of the plexy and one in the side of the cap. put your hose atachments in the holes and you have a nice block for about 8 bucks

Bobby Manus said:
I would sugest having the water that comes in enter directly on top of the core, and then start your @ from there. You want the coldest water coming in where it needs it most. Thats kind of why the maze-2 does so well. Hope this helps.

LOL, read my post again, that's exactly what I meant.

Back