• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Farm Pics at last!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Arkaine23

Captain Random Senior Evil
Dual 244 Opterons with 8GB ram running SUSE 9. There are two of these.

opterons.jpg

Server room. dual 2600+ tower, dual 2400+ tower, 2x dual 2100+ 1u, dual 2000+ 1u, dual 1900+ 2u, 2x dual 1800+ tower, dual celeron 733 tower, dual celeron 400, gateway, webserver/ftpserver, switches. Plus several 64bit Sun servers. bit of gigabit ethernet, 10k SCSI rack (raid 0), FreeBSD, OpenBSD, Libranet and a whole lot of Gentoo. The Gentoo and Libranet duallies all have between 3 and 4GB of ram.

serverroom.jpg

Typical PC workstation and SUN workstation. The Gentoo/Libranet workstations (there are 8 in all) are typically Tbird 1.4's or XP 1800+'s in kk266 plus Iwill boards with 1.5GB ram. The Suns are dual 450mhz Ultrasparcs. They are capable of being quads and we now have a couple quads in the office due to dead Sun PSU's. The Suns average 1.5 or 2GB of ram, but can hold up to 8GB.

workstations.jpg

An atypical FreeBSD server exposed. This is a backup box. It has 12x IDE HDD's in raid 0 and concatenated software raid arrays- something close to 1.2 TB of storage. It's a dual 1600+ with 1.5 GB ram. This is the kind of box to run a network's backend.

server.jpg

Last edited:
Some of Arkaine's farm-

Laptops-

The smaller one is a Fujitsu i-4177
celery 500

The other is an ECS A929 desknote
XP 1600+ @ 1575
5400 rpm HDD, 512mb ram

Both run Linux and Windows.

laptops.jpg

Arkaine's main gaming box-
8rda
Xp 1800+ @ 2375
9700pro
Win2k

rig.jpg

Arkaine's duallie-
2x XP 2400+ (not overclocked yet)
Asus A7M266-D
Debian

duallie.jpg

Live CD Remastering box-
XP 2400+ @ 2182
8kha+

ocix.jpg

Some that I'm selling-
Diskless layer (duron 1.6)
HP (p3 933)
2nd gaming box (Xp 1800+ @ 2.27)

parts.jpg

hp.jpg

game.jpg

I also have a 1600+, 2400+, 2100+, P3 500, 1600+, Tbird 1100, Tbird 1200, 1800+, XP 2100+, XP 1900+, 4x P3 800's, , Duron @1284, 4x Duron 1.3's, 2x P4 1.8's, but no pics of them. And there are maybe half a dozen other borgs I have have missed.

Last edited:
Design Integrated Circuits ranging between .25 and .13 micron for big companys.

hi ya arkaine,
I see that you have found a camera after all these years. All cash have been dedicated to folding until now.
Good pics though I'm proud of the work we both put in to all those computers at work.

PMSfishy,
Those Linux XPs specified at work are folding for you in case you haven't notice. What I like most is the 2 really low profile (4inch height) black rackmount at the bottom left of one picture. Each pack with 2 XP2400 and 4G of ram. If all were made in this configurations you could pack 50 of them in a single rack frame. Quite amazing isn't it.

To cool the server room a 2.5 ton A/C is running 24/7 even in winter time.

Cool beans Arkaine,:D I always wondered what name you folded under....now I know..nice powah! And thanks to you and all of your personal contributions to folding and to Linux and to Overclockix!!!!!!!!! Many kudos and Hooahs to you!

I guess I should mention that overdoze built all of the tower duallies and linux workstations, and is responsible for setting the whole network up. Credit for the most recent server and workstation Gentoo installs is all his, and watching him work was a big help in breaking my Linux learning curve.

Oh yea these pics reminds me of my work at my school's IT Dept we prefered the google way generic beige PCs have only Power Supply cord and NICs except for the sun systems had keyboards and monitors all the generic PCs are clustered together and the sun machines take care of controlling them!

I wish i can provide some pics but I don't think the IT Dept would aprove hehe

The only server that I'm running at home is Gateway G6-150 P1 socket 7 150MHz with 32MB RAM and total of 3GB HD space (such junk but hey it does what it needs to do just host my other site ) I run the server and that's usually in the winter bec my room gets too warm in the summer.

Back