• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AMD XP-M FSB trick really nescaserry?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

freshy98

I was wondering if those wire tricks are really nescaserry. Can't you just up the FSB and Multiplier in the BIOS?
Isn't the wire trick just a way to makes things a bit easier in the BIOS or will it just not work wothout them?

Besides the wire trick there is also the other trick of course. Forgot how it was called :)

the L12 wire trick is what you're talking about. NF7(-S) motherboards sometimes don't like to get very high FSB with 133MHz FSB chips. so when you make it into a 166MHz FSB chips, it may allow you for higher FSB clocking.

The other one I think is called the 8-bit mod which force the cpu to default @ 200mhz.

I heard it gives minimal performance gain on boards other than the NF7. On my old NF7, it gave me 30mhz fsb increase. It's definitely worth it on the NF7.

If you want to get above 21* in FSB you MUST do the L12 mod if you are using an Abit NF7 board.

Back