• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Any Word on HL2

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I think it's still set for summer release. No specific date as of right now though I believe.

I'm betting its going to get put off even longer, with ATI adding another voucher this time for Counter strike 2, for free My guess is Valve is having more problems then expected

deRusett said:
I'm betting its going to get put off even longer, with ATI adding another voucher this time for Counter strike 2, for free My guess is Valve is having more problems then expected

Joy

Originally on http://www.3drealms.com/duke4/
The release date of this game is "When it's done". Anything else, and we mean anything else is someone's speculation. There is no date. We don't know any date. If you have a friend who claims they have "inside info", or there's some game news site, or some computer store at the mall who claims they know - they do not. They are making it up. There is no date. Period.

And yes, we know the game has taken a long time. There's no possible joke you could make about the game's development time that we haven't already heard. :)

Not looking good....

If something happens, you can bet there will be a post or two on the front page with LOTS of replies.

So long as there are no big HL2 posts on the first page I always assume no news.

in couple of weeks you will hear that its coming in couple of weeks and than again after those couple of weeks we will see couple of threads stating that couple of weeks back the game was said to be released in a couple of weeks and couple of weeks have gone by and than couple of people will reply couple of posts before couple of other threads of samiliar kind start to appear on couple of forums all around the net

thats lot of couples for you in a paragraph don't you think so? :D

It will be ready when its ready, just forget about it until its released then it will be a nice suprise. I would rather they took there time with it and ironed out all the wrinkles than rush it out full of bugs. Ive been waiting for this games for years i'm sure I can wait a few more months if need be. :)

-Chris

deRusett said:

Them adding a voucher for CS2 is only a rumor.

Or atleast that's what Josh says..the main guy over at twisted portal.

AK50 said:
I think it's still set for summer release. No specific date as of right now though I believe.

That is correct.

ZGOZZ said:
I heard in a few weeks a few weeks ago...

You shouldn't have.

AK50 said:

A mere rumor.

grunjee said:
I for one have given up and accepted the possibility it'll never be released.

I don't understand why there are people like you. You cry because Half-Life 2 got delayed one time. Most games get delayed at least one time. The game is still going to be ahead of it's time, and will once again change the first-person shooter forever. My apologees if my comment was rather off beat and rude.

Krowa 02 said:
I dont care about HL2 anymore, UT2K4 is fun enough.

Unreal Tournament gets boring though. I'm sure 2k4 is a lot of fun though, but I've only played the demo.

baqai said:
in couple of weeks you will hear that its coming in couple of weeks and than again after those couple of weeks we will see couple of threads stating that couple of weeks back the game was said to be released in a couple of weeks and couple of weeks have gone by and than couple of people will reply couple of posts before couple of other threads of samiliar kind start to appear on couple of forums all around the net

thats lot of couples for you in a paragraph don't you think so? :D

No, that's not true at all. In a couple of weeks, you will hear nothing. I suspect that around June, you will receive an update.

Chris said:
It will be ready when its ready, just forget about it until its released then it will be a nice suprise. I would rather they took there time with it and ironed out all the wrinkles than rush it out full of bugs. Ive been waiting for this games for years i'm sure I can wait a few more months if need be. :)

-Chris

I fully agree.

I suspect Half-Life 2 will hit shelves by Fall, but my guess if as good as me. VALVe will not release anymore information to me or anyone else until later on. Half-Life 3 is already in the works too.

Last edited:
My apologees. A mere rumor applies to:

deRusett said:

Pc-Gamer has the release date of Half Life 2 set at 6-30-04

Rarely are they even close :)

Hex

Back