• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help! I can't fix this!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Clean_Baldy

I use a dual monitor setup. I have been sitting here for 3 hours trying to get it to work on my new motherboard. I run windows 2000.

The PCI card is giving me:

This device cannot find enough free resources that it can use. (Code 12)

If you want to use this device, you will need to disable one of the other devices on this system.

Click Troubleshooter to start the troubleshooter for this device.

The other device is the PCI-to-PCI bridge.

Both devices have greyed out resource control, meaning, i cannot change them.

IDEAS??!

I have tried running SOLELY off of the PCI card, and it gives the same error. That rules out the AGP card giving me a problem.

I have VGA Pelette snoop ENABLED, and boot from PCI first. Both correct settings.

In device manager, ALL of my resources are non-changeable. Do I have a setting somewhere that will give me access to them?

Take a look in your BIOS for Plug n Play OS. Usually it's a yes or no option. The computer needs to know that you do indeed have a PnP OS.

also, disable the paraless and serial ports of you arent using htem, they use up resources that could be given to other PNP cards.

Back