AMD Motherboards
Forum Jump

Need a DDR board

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe Search this Thread

Old 08-06-01, 09:34 PM Thread Starter   #1
yog

10 Year Badge

Exclamation Need a DDR board

I am thinking of putting together a new board. What is a good board for a 1 ghz T-Bird? Thanks in advance

HTPC
AMD Phenom II 555 BE--MSI K9A2 Platinum--430 GT--4 Gig Dual-Channel PQI RAM--500 Gig Seagate Hybrid Drive--2 TB WD Green--Ceton Infini TV 4

Heatware
Folding User Stats
yog is offline Heatware Profile   QUOTE Thanks
Overclockers Approved
Which motherboard should you buy? Get the final word here. Check out the latest Overclockers reviews:
ASRock Z77 OC Formula Motherboard Review

ASRock teamed up with overclocker Nick Shih to make a high-end overclocking-based, yet functional for all users, motherboard named the Z77 OC Formula. It appears they have achieved it. Read More.

Get it at NewEgg for $239.99
ASUS Maximus V Formula Motherboard

The Maximus V Formula is part of the ROG (Republic of Gamers) series of motherboards, which in itself brings a high level of expectation. It's a no brainer, Overclockers Approved! Read more.

Get it at NewEgg for $279.99
Old 08-06-01, 09:50 PM   #2
Hoot
Inactive Moderator

Moved to AMD Motherboards

Hoot

Connect 3D x850xt 620/625(1250)
2x WD 36GB Raptors in Raid0
DIY Jet Impingement WB on CPU / Pipecap WB on GPU
Shrouded Camaro Heater Core / Swiftech MCP655 Pump
Antec P-160 Tower / Seasonic S12 600W PSU
Hoot is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Old 08-06-01, 10:37 PM   #3
Bobby Manus

Take a look at this review of the 8kha... I am picking one of these early tomarow moarning along with a 1.4ghz athlon. Here is the link its good reading... Linkage Also if you need raid, the epox 8k7a+ is a good option. Most stores are restocking them tomarow, and there is a good chance they will be a new revision, probably 1.2, and it might fix the 5v issue that can sometimes occur with power suplies without enough juice. And if you can wait a bit, the asus a7v266 was already released in japan and should be in the states pretty soon. Also the shuttle AK31 is a great performer.. Heres some more linkage. Hope this gives you an idea what to look for.
Bobby Manus is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Old 08-07-01, 03:39 PM   #4
Bluesmoke
Registered

I have an epox and I like it... I have the raid version of the 8K7A but if you don't want or need raid then the 8kha looks like a winner it has an extra memory slot which if I had a complaint about my 8K7A+ it would be that it just has two and only supports 1GB max but I don't forsee myself going higher than 512mb any time soon...

My old socket 7 board was an epox and I always had good luck with it.. I was considering an MSI board in the beginning, And from what I've read their boards are pretty nice to, depending on what you want and how much you are willing to spend. I got the epox because I had a history with them and I actually picked it up just before the craze started so it was readily available at the time.
Bluesmoke is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Old 08-08-01, 01:12 AM   #5
Hookem

10 Year Badge

take a look in http://www.tomshardware.com/ and check out the nine board comparison of AMD761chipset DDR memory motherboards...The ABIT KG7 won in the shoot out but alot of good information is in this article...good luck !!!

Switching to Intel
Antec 300, Corsair HX5650W, Asus P5Q PRO Turbo, Intel Q9550, Thermalright SI-128-SE, 2x4 G.Skiell PC64000 DDR2, XFX 4890, 640 Black OS Drive, 2 640 Blacks RAID-0, Audiotrak Prodigy HD2, Vantec SATA EzSwap, Mitsumi floppy, Lian-Li card reader, Lian Li T4, Dell E198WFP, AudioEngine 5 speakers.
In progress build.
Hookem is offline   QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Overclockers Forums > Hardware > Motherboards > AMD Motherboards
AMD Motherboards