• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Zalman Reserator Review!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Well I am seriously interested in this little toy. Even if I did purchase it I would seriously be flamed by teh |33+ ppl who say kits suck. I am not a noob to watercooling either.

I wonder when the ETA is going to be for us to get ahold of this bad boy.

well they can flame all they want but ur gonna be the one with a sophisticated lookin reserator and cooler temps...by flaming about stuff like that just mean jealousy thats all...i might consider getting it to also...

It looks very nifty. It would be really kewl to see someone use that with a radiator. It looks like that thing sheds alot of heat

Careful! The reviewer has labeled the graphs in a strange manner. The "reserator temps" that seem to be the lowest of all are just the temps measured at the radiator itself! The big bars with the worst temps are the actual temps that the system achieved at the CPU!

Summary is that the Reserator is not up there with high end watercooling.

The results seem very good 'for a passive system' are there any others like it to compare it with?

Best way to find out is for you guys to get one each and put it to the real world test..Please post the results.:) With chilly case temps it should be an interesting cooling solution.:cool:

That review is very poorly done,It almost looks if the writer intentionally set it up to make the product look good.

"The temperature marked with reserator is the temperature that the reserator had when we had reached the temperature and is thus no waterblock or something similar". "
I am a Noob to water cooling BUT would it not have been better to take a temp reading at the processor ?

And what is a REALLY big radiator ? He says he used in his comparison system ? Grrrr no facts and no atempt to give us the readers a fair write up on the big blue tube !

" I tested the temperatures of the Zalman-cooler while there was a fan blowing at the reserator, and in that way really be sure how efficient it really is. Enough with the talking here comes the results."

Do we get a house fan as part of the package ? Or should we run to the Depot for one ? And what one, how many CFM is it, and how far must it be from the Reserator ?

CPU/Load ? Is this MAX load running prime 95 ? or did he let some other program load the cpu ?

That review stinks,And I am sure the smell aint the watter wetter in those test results. Having an entire room you can keep to within 0.5c consistantly as he claims, and the assign the school dunce to use the room.......

Send one of those big blue tubes here Zalman ! ! ! !

Last edited:
I have ordered one already, and have a custom kit on the way. I will be trying them both on my newly built system, second one in my sig. I will post a review when I get it set up if it hasent been gone over 1000 times by then.

With a silent product like that someone at silentpcreview.com will review for sure. I'll wait for that review. Much like diehrd said that review has alot of issues.

The product looks like a good idea but I don't see it working well. As its been debated multiple times in the w/c forum the problem is that no matter how large the radiator/reservoir is it will continue to heat up over time and usage causing the water to raise in temps as well. For it to work properly you will have to have a pretty solid airflow in the room to keep it cool. Such as the fan used in the review. Not to mention if its anything like the passive case from Zalman it will cost a small fortune.

It's a total ripoff anyways, no matter how good it performs.

You could always put together a W/C system with a passive rad for under half as how much that costs.

I wonder how it would perform with a more powerful pump... IMO, its a great idea... hopefully the price will drop when everyone else comes out withthier version

diehrd said:
That review is very poorly done,It almost looks if the writer intentionally set it up to make the product look good.

"The temperature marked with reserator is the temperature that the reserator had when we had reached the temperature and is thus no waterblock or something similar". "
I am a Noob to water cooling BUT would it not have been better to take a temp reading at the processor ?

And what is a REALLY big radiator ? He says he used in his comparison system ? Grrrr no facts and no atempt to give us the readers a fair write up on the big blue tube !

" I tested the temperatures of the Zalman-cooler while there was a fan blowing at the reserator, and in that way really be sure how efficient it really is. Enough with the talking here comes the results."

Do we get a house fan as part of the package ? Or should we run to the Depot for one ? And what one, how many CFM is it, and how far must it be from the Reserator ?

CPU/Load ? Is this MAX load running prime 95 ? or did he let some other program load the cpu ?

That review stinks,And I am sure the smell aint the watter wetter in those test results. Having an entire room you can keep to within 0.5c consistantly as he claims, and the assign the school dunce to use the room.......

Send one of those big blue tubes here Zalman ! ! ! !

Someone alwayz has to find something about it that is bad..of course something is bad about everything but damn its way better then the water cooling i have seen...and actually better then the thermalrights finally!!!! i say this because there are some watercooling ive seen that cools worse then thermalrights....other then that atleast there was a review and it was good enuff for me to buy....

Back