• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

IBM Thinkvision L200P 20" LCD

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

donny_paycheck

Inactive Super Quad Mod
I just got the following: IBM Thinkvision L200P
  • CRT Size in Inches 20.1
  • Case Color Black
  • Contrast Ratio 400:1
  • Dot Pitch 0.255mm
  • DVI and D-Sub interfaces
  • Maximum Resolution 1600x1200
  • Maximum Vertical Refresh Rate 85 Hz (16ms)
This thing is great! I'm using DVI to my FX 5900 ultra and even non-native resolutions look fairly clear. I game at 1024x768 usually, and the only gripe I have is that sometimes the screen draws in such a way that there is a rolling line in the scenery. Also, Windows is limiting me to a 60hz refresh rate, for some reason. That's more like 25ms, rather than 16ms, and I haven't found a fix for it yet despite using the latest drivers from IBM. The panel is rated at 85hz, as said above.

Another plus is that the PSU is integrated into the monitor, so I don't have to hide a brick somewhere. Lastly, there are no speakers, which I prefer, since I have some nice ones already.

I'll get pics soon, but it's all set up already. Does anybody know about the refresh rate disparity? I'm in the process of looking for a fix.

Edited to add picture:

thinkvision.jpg

Excuse the jerry rigged PSU for turning on the Prometeia, and the open case for ease of access and maximum hot hot tweakage action.

Sent you a pm before I saw this, heh. Anyways, my lcd says up to 75hz, but on dvi its only 60hz or 70hz. So, that could be why it doesn't show 85hz. Also, I would run at 60hz. My reasons are in my pm.

Yeah, thanks for the PM. I did my math wrong. 16ms = 62FPS, 12ms = 80FPS.

Back