• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

help, 2400 XP-M running too hot!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

sheemone00

Registered
Hello everyone, this is my first time posting on this forum and I have a simple question. How do I cool my cpu down? I have a XP mobile 2400, THermalright sp97, AS5 (both of which i believe i installed correctly, didnt use too much paste and i screwed on the heat sink correctly) I have a panaflo 92mm fan on the HS and i have 2 other 92mm fans blowing out on top and side of the case, 1 fan intaking air from the front of the case (i didnt cut out the grill yet, looking for my pliers) and two fans in the back blowing air out. Im running 1.70 Vcore and 210 FSB with 1GB of PC3500 lvl1 mushkins. if anyone can give some insight i would appreciate it.
*edit im running idle 43C, load 45C, and that setting is primestable*

id build a shroud (plexiglass works well) that on one end is the shape of the fan, and the other is the shape of the sp97. with a 92mm fan on that heatsink, there is a large deadzone where the center of the fan is, and alot of air is blowing off the sides and not into the fins. a shroud should help with that.

heres a link to a monster thread monster thread discussing it.

otherwise your temps arent that bad. you are running the chip at a 1.7vcore, so its putting out more heat than a regular 2400.

Back