• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Logitech 4.1 Xtrusio

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Droban

Ok so I have a friend that ordered a Logitech 4.1 Xtrusio system online for around 60 bucks. He claimed it to be amazing and so loud so I went to check it out and was amazed at how bad it was. A big part of the problem was he was using an old old old soundblaster card instead of the onboard sound on his relatively new motherboard(n00b!) that helped with the clarity, but there still seemed to be a lot of distortion on the bass. I didnt mess with it too much, but noticed that the input jack was messed up. Has anyone had experience with these speakers?
The satellites are basically tweeters, goodbye midrange. I think my friend is hopelessly a n00b. I of course recommended the soundblaster Live so he could utilize the 4.1 and have a great card for music and gaming at a good price. But n00b he is bought a 9 dollar card....(diamond i think)

I guess I thought this would be entertaining, and I'd like to know of any similar experiences with or without this system

I guess I thought this would be entertaining, and I'd like to know of any similar experiences with or without this system

I've had a similar experience when i heard the Bose Acoustimass system. No offense to anyone who owns bose but the speakers sound horrid for the money. They sound very muffled and nasal in the midrange and overbearing and tizzy in the treble range. The "subwoofer" they include only goes down to the mid 30/40 Hz range! thats not much of a subwoofer if you ask me :/. The other bookshelf speakers bose sells are OK but not really worth the money compared to most other speakers. The Logitech Z-5300 sound almost as good (if not as good) as the acoustimass speakers and the logitechs are only $150!! I just cant believe it when people spend $1,000+ on the acoustimass speakers :/ Its incredible what type of systems you can get for that price if you go with real speakers.

Ryan

Back