• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

my athalon 1400 will not O/C

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

madman2

aren't all 1400 athalons unlocked my 1400 will not O/C by the fsb or the multiplier and my mobo will support a higher setting anyone heard of this or any suggestions would help:confused:

You must have some other issue here. Even if the chip were locked that is only for the multipier, it will still OC by fsb. Check to see if the L1 bridges are connected to find out if the chip is locked.

kirbster said:
That psu is maxed out at 1400!!!! you need a 400 watter to get any higher....
:D
not nesessarily it depends on whatelse he has i have seen people take their chips over like 1.5 GHz with a 300Watter

I also have 4 80mm case fans and a blue orb fan on my radeon but the prog that came with my mobo clockometer says clock generator not support it is suposed to alter fsb without entering bios.:D

I dunno i got mine runnin at 1684 with a sb live 5.1 geforce2 gts and modem plus 2 fans and wbk38 and i only have a 300 watt psu.

do you think that this prob could be the mobo because when I change the fsb at all itstops on verifing DMI pool or just wont boot even the bios same with the multiplier dip switches
I will give somone a $10 paypal if they can figure this out I am stumped.:D :D

well I tried to underclock it by the fsb and the mutiplier switches and and disconected all my fans but said disc error what a pile of CRAP. so I don't think it is a power issue even raised the vcore no good.

it will O/C one setting from 10.5 to 11 thats it and it runs stable at 1.82 vcore which makes it a 1466 big deal.

:mad:

Back