• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Molex Pins Mixed Up... HELP!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

FreakinSyco

Ok so I went off and decided to sleeve my PSU. Took me awhile but I got off all the molex connectors. And of course I didn't label the wires (Kicks self several times).

Now I have one orange and one yellow and I know where they go (I can refer to the molex connectors left on the other cable). But I have 2 Black wires that are exactly alike.

Is there any way to determine which goes where (the auctual voltage that these are supposed to be I cant remember).

Here is a nice picture of my problem..

/----\
|abcd| -- Thats my rendition of a molex
------

abcd - each letter represents a wire

A= Yellow
B= Black
C= Black
D= Orangish Red

Its B and C that I have mixed up.

HELP ME PLEASE

FreakinSyco

(Let this be a Cable Sleeving lesson.. LEARN FROM MY MISTAKE!)

Correct, all the black wires of a psu are grounds that all go back to the same solder pad inside the psu case, about the size of a quarter, and they all interconnect.
Just make sure you have the reds and yellows in the correct side, as your drives will go boom if they aren't....:cry:
Use a fan connector (molex type) to make sure.

Ok thanks. Ill take your word that they are common grounds.

[says a little prayer that they are]

FreakinSyco

As for location of the wires use the back of a Opticle drive it lists what volts each pin connector is. Yellow is 12v and red is 5v. Black is common ground...

Back