• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

dual channel problems

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

necromanx13x

After killing my old mobo last week I ordered a new one which I got on friday. I was finally able to install it today after doing the vdimm mod to it and adding heatsinks and whatnot. I set it all upm turn it on, and it doesnt post. After playing around for a while I remove the 2nd ram stick and it starts up fine. I shut down and try the stick in the other dimm slot and once again it doesnt post. I switched sticks and it works fine with either in the 3rd slot. However, if I have any stick in either slot 1 or 2 it doesnt post or anything.... Any ideas?

Well, after removing the mobo and discovering a large blob of solder on the ICs next to the dimm slots i almost dropped dead. After spending a good 30min cleaning them up and then redoing my vdd mod which was also kinda messed up, I booted back up with 2 sticks in dual channel and both the dimm slots and my vdd mod now work!!!! Everything is back to how it once was. You have no idea how happy I am now, haha. Ahhh Its alive!!!!! Now to see how far I can take this baby.

Back