• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What else do I need?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
lol, I guess I am retarded and cant even link it correctly. Try this Link What else do I need? I have a gig of memory and a crappy video card already. I won't be playing games on this so I don't need the 9800P or anything. I also have 2x160GB Hd's for storage. I was thinking maybe a dvd rw but I have had a cdrw since they were 2x and have burned maybe 15 cd's ever since.

You haven't mentioned a controller for the SCSI drives. If you are planning on RAID, that will add considerable expense and, quite possibly saturate the PCI bus. If I remember correctly, the PC-DL does not have multiple peer PCI bus architecture and has a cap of 133MB/s on the PCI bus. Two 15K drives in RAID-0 could either come very close to or saturate the bus, especially when other devices are connected. Those drives are 80 pin SCA and will need adapters. You will also need cable and terminator. If you do go this route, I'd suggest the Fujitsu MAS or Maxtor 15K drives, in a 68 pin connector, for best performance.

Normally, I'm a SCSI addict, but since you've got onboard SATA RAID that does not share PCI bandwidth, why not save some headaches and get exceptional performance with some Raptors?

Back