• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Cooling

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TheTick

What are you DFI guys using for cooling for your mosfets(if you are) and have you found any real good aftermarket NB and SB coolers? thx, looking for a way to solve my issues ive got over here

I just attached some cheap aluminum ramsinks from SVC on them. System hasn't been fully set up yet so can't say how effective they were for stability.

I've got a Lanparty, I run 250MHz FSB.

Same stock passive cooler on NB and SB. Nothing added to mosfetts.

Although I did put some AS3 under the NB heatsink.

And that NB heatsink is ROUGH! I was stunned by how horrible the base was. It's BAD. I'm probably going to lap it later. If I can't lap, then I'll at least do some 400 grit on it until it's semi flat.

I use a Vantec Copper Iceberg fan on my NB. it works really well and looks really cool too. I'd like to replace the SB heatsink with a small copper heatsink I got with the Vantec fan, just trying to figure out a way to keep it on...

Back