• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FEDCO 2-342 car models?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ls7corvete

What makes and models of cars were this radiator found in? I go to the parts store often and having them look at me like I am a lunatic when i ask for a radiator by part number instead of make/model is not something I enjoy, they probably already think im nuts...

Also anyone have a valid hyperlink to the HC searchable database?

Oh yeah, does anyone have one of these infront of them that they can actually measure? I know the specs are 9 1/2 x 6 1/8 x 2 but i want to know the dimensions of the actual fin area, not including the barbs and ends.

If i pick one up for you I will measure it.

james: I think that they would be more acustomed to looking up heater cores by the make and model of the car.

$30 shipped is pretty good, good to know i have anouther option if i cant get it from autozone

ls7corvete said:
If i pick one up for you I will measure it.

james: I think that they would be more acustomed to looking up heater cores by the make and model of the car.

$30 shipped is pretty good, good to know i have anouther option if i cant get it from autozone

That # I put before 399090 is the autozone part number of the caprice core, you can just give them that and they will give you a box. And I think its $17.99. It says its not in my store and I have to order it online. Id just go to the store, have them order it so I dont have to pay for shipping.

UberBlue said:

9 1/2 x 6 1/8 x 2. Just measured finned area.

Ooooo so what are the total dimensions with the barbs and all? Thanks UberBlue I appreciate it.

Im trying to figure out how hard it would be to duct a blower(s) to it an if I can fit it in my case or not.

"Pick 1972- Chevrolet Pickup- K10 1/2 TON P/U 4WD- 8 Cylinders 402 6.6L 4BL
Then click on Shopping, enter your zip code, select Climate Control, select Heater Core, select With A/C
And BINGO you should have part number 399090 for $17.99"

ls7corvete: Above is a single pass @ autozone.com. Anyway, I just measured mine and it's about 11.25" x 6.5" x 3" including tanks and barbs. The width however varies since it depends on how far you cut the original copper tubing and what length barbs you use. Mine are common brass barbs and I basically cut the copper tubing as close to the tank as possible.

hhhmmm that confirms my suspicion that it will be too big, I may have to go with a caprice, anyone know the dimensions on that model? it seems more compact.... at least the barbs would be closer together.

My single pass is 6.5" wide. Where'd you get yours BeerHunter? Could have saved me from a lot of hacking :p

Back