• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

NF-7S Bios Survival Kit

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

itshondo

After corrupting my BIOS chip, I ordered a NF-7S Bios Survival Kit from Ecalliber- worked like a charm. Includes a BIOS chip (with the latest BIOS installed) and directions on how to do a Hot Swap of the chip and reflash your old one.

I also ordered the tool they recommend for removal of the chip- it's much bigger than I thought it would be and not very easy to use. I ended up popping the BIOS chip out with a plastic handled push pin. So don't think you have to have the tool.

It is nice having the extra chip ready to go, "just in case".

:p :p :p :p :p

Last edited:
Glad you got it fixed.

I also had to hot flash an ASUS not too long ago.

Its not a fun experience to say the least.

especially since my case is inside my desk cabinet, did it lying on the floor thru the side access in the cabinet.

i just flashed to rev23 and now my computer wont boot. all that happens is the fans come on, everything else is dead. is rev23 and rev22 bunk? is 21 the best? can anyone post up a link to some other bioses like tic tacs for me? i could search, but i also need advice... should i buy a new chip or this bios kit which is discussed here? also, did i fry the bios because i used a utility other than the abit flash utility? man, if so, we should start a bios repair ring where you send 5 bucks to someone to send you the extra bios chip they have! hahah

Click here for the eXcaliberPC bios survival NF7-S rev 2.0 kit

is there any other place to just order a chip by itself, or is there anyone out there willing to send me a bios chip with rev21 flashed for 5 bucks? you can certainly do this legally, excaliberpc is just scaring people out of ordering elsewhere. if you own one copy of the bios you can use it on as many chips as you want.
thanks!

Welcome to the forums!

when I downloaded the latest bios from Abit (today), the newest rev 2.0 bios was #21-

Latest Bios for rev 1 boards is rev #23- if you flahed your rev 2 board with a rev 1 bios, you'll need to contact excaliber...........

thanks for the heads up on that.

when i thought about it really carefully, i figured if there is any good way to get the chip out without the puller it would be more than worth it just to buy another nf7-s for 67 bucks. if you subtract the 20 for the bios chip and kit, its only 47. i cant pass that up since ive got a 512 stick and a 2000+ XP chip laying around. guess ill have to pick up a 9500 pro though. whatever.

i think since i have two backup systems im going to RMA my board. it never really did want to OC well. i hear people saying the newest boards coming off RMAs dont clock as well either. any advice?

im sure that i did flash it with a v1.2 bios... im an idiot. ive never flashed an incorrect bios before. but i just got the files mixed up damnit. oh well, life goes on. is it common for abit to refuse RMAs on boards like this?

it's frowned on around here to rma something that you messed up- if you messed it up, you should buy the bios chip and fix your board. Then you will find out that the NF7-S rev 2 is a very good board for overclocking.

Last edited:
Back