• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

no boot

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Absolute Zero

i recently painted the inside of my case. my asus a7n8x dlx, which for the record was removed before i painted, now will not start up into windows. it worked fine for a while but i used ati tool and i was forced to make a hard restart. now the max core voltage now is 1.775, with a minimun of 1.525. it does recognize all my ide drives, and it gets to the "verifying dmi pool data" screen, but will not go into windows. any help would be appreciated.

ok, now i can get into windows, but my voltages are still messed up. i tried reflashing the bios, but nothing happened. i also just noticied that my case fan headers, the place where you plug in your case fans, aren't working (the ones above the agp slot). if my board is shot, tell me gently. i'm fragile.

Last edited:
try one of uberbios version if still no luck umplag everythink make sure that there no probleme with your current hardware if the probleme perciste i think u should RMA it

goheels said:
ok, now i can get into windows, but my voltages are still messed up. i tried reflashing the bios, but nothing happened. i also just noticied that my case fan headers, the place where you plug in your case fans, aren't working (the ones above the agp slot). if my board is shot, tell me gently. i'm fragile.

did you reset the CMOS? if you havent tried that yet.... give it a go, you never know (even though you said you reflashed the BIOS)

i had a dead biostar board hang (repeatedly) at the "verifying DMI pool data" before. you said you got it to go past, but thats a possible sign of a dead board. also, if you have 2 non-functional fan headers, this could also be a bad omen...

try the usual with unplugging everything except the video card and 1 HDD, see if you can get it to boot stable that way with normal voltages. if you cant, then RMA the board :(

well, now i can boot. but i still have bad voltages and two of my fan headers don't work. now that i don't understand. are they on the same circuit, cause everything else looks fine.

Are you saying the Chassis, Power, and CPU fan headers are not working on motherboard? I am assuming your fans do not spin with headers. Double check the header connections and ATX power connector too. Take one good working fan and try each header to see if it spins.

I was thinking...maybe you should check to make sure you have no grounding issues. You could possibly have your mobo seated wrong from when you removed it. This would cause some problems with the fan headers not working.

the two fan headers above the agp slot aren't working. the cpu fan header is. also, i still have that weird voltage issue. the lowest vcore is 1.525, the highest is 1.775.

When you painted the case, you also painted the motherboard standoffs. These stand-offs provide a grounding source for motherboard.

Take out motherboard and inspect stand-offs. These are the ones where you would attach mb with screws. Get wirebrush and remove paint. Make sure there is no paint anywhere near/ on stand-offs.

The paint coated these stand-off and now you have no ground source for power on mb.

Back