• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Overcloking a 1700 palomino

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Pulsus

Registered
Hi,

some months ago i asked how to overclock a duron 850 processor, but when i am looking for a cooler and power supply i have the opportunity to buy a 1700+ palomino (my motherboard just support this version of athlon XP), so i think to overclock it....

I have a A7V133 mobo, and i am thinking to overclocking just changing the mutiplier from 11x to 13x, no fsb or vcore changes...

Is it possible??? i am affraid to see my processor burning:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

I am thinking to use a cooler provided by http://www.hicco-tech.com/page/cooler.htm, the version HI - CA3219, and two case fans, one in front and other at back....

Thanks All,

Pulsus

The processor is locked, so you cannot change the multipliers, with out unlocking the chip first. This is done by closing the 5 L1 bridges on the chip with conductivte ink. Ill warn you now its not the eaiest mod to do.

It is possible, you chip will probally require more voltage to run at a faster speed, and thus the CPU will run hotter. It might not be too hot, and the chip shouldn't die with a small O/C like that.

I just want it to work as a 2100+.... =) ( the limit of the pally core).

This processor are locked but if i make the overclock by the junpers it will not work?????? i don't have enought experience to close the l1 bridges....

Thanks,

Pulsus

Back