• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

just overclocked

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Stiffler69

i just oced my p4 2.4C, asus p4p800 dlx, kingston hyperx pc3200 2x256ddr. i changed the following settings will u guys tell me if i need to od something else or is it good like this.
fsb= 250
vcore = 1.525
ram speed: 5:4
usb latency support and spread spectrum : disabled
agp locked 66/33

is there other stuff i need to do?

what are your dram timings? looks like your rig is pretty similar to mine. Even going with the same o/c as me. :D Your o/c looks good as long as you got your mam enabled and dram timings pretty tight. Check my sig for the settings you didnt specify like vdimm, timings, etc...

ohh cause i never touched the timings and the vdim is on 2.65
mam is enabled

being stable means runnins prime95 for 6h? and should i turn turbo on?

stable for me is running battlefield 1942 3 hours straight. My pc might not be prime stable for 24 hours but Im not trying run anything that intense.So stable to me is different from stable for ciku.Im looking for the highest o/c with fast timings that will allow me to play games and run normal programs.

Turbo really didnt make a big difference on benchmarks for me.

Im looking for the highest o/c with fast timings that will allow me to play games and run normal programs.

I agree. But that's also what's been hardest for me. I can run about anything at a meager 3.3, but as soon as I'm into a game (1 or 2 min or map change), it crashes. and I have tried everything ! (and more).
Runs very well stock.

I been wondering what speeds peeps game at....

well polargoat, i dont only run web tools, i also play dark age of camelot for hours, so thats game and applications on the bg... i guess stable means only 1 word, its not having ur pc freeze on either of the processess...

right...and i wasnt trying to offend, =) but when you say stable is being prime95 stable for 24 hours thats not realistic to me.I dont care if my pc can or cant run prime95 stable for 30 mins.If my rig does what I want for as long as I want then its stable. Also another good way for me to see if im stable is to run 3dmark2003 which I know is more for benchmarking video but it will stress the cpu also.

Im actually thinking about dropping my fsb to get tighter timings.Any of the games i play are not going to lag due to my cpu, If there is going to be anything slowing me down it will be my ram during map changes

well... thats ur opinion :) and its realistic... coz if ur not going to oc ur system, it will run prime95 24 hours stable, so y oc ur system and make it unstable? right? :)

I wanted to o/c to get the most from my cpu and ram. From what i can tell tho, o/cing my cpu wont give me as much benefit as having my ram run full speed. At first i was just wanting to see if o/cing my cpu would give me any benefits for gaming but so far i cant really see any benefits. Im going to run 3dmark2003 with it at a lower fsb at 1:1 and compare scores.

I guess it just really depends on what your o/cing for, power hungry programs will need a fast cpu. Most games require a fast cpu but they also need fast access to to other files which requires fast ram.

What are the reasons you guys o/c for?

If anything im saying sounds like bs, lemme know cuz I learn something new almost everyday. :D

well , im not going back to stock but im going to try running my fsb as high as it will go with a divider of 1:1 with tight timings. With the divider at 1:1 you wont get your fsb as high unless, from what ive seen some killer cooling and killer ram.

Polargoat said:
well , im not going back to stock but im going to try running my fsb as high as it will go with a divider of 1:1 with tight timings. With the divider at 1:1 you wont get your fsb as high unless, from what ive seen some killer cooling and killer ram.

i agree... and i learn new things everyday too :D

vcore = 1.525

Set it 1.6v.

My pc might not be prime stable for 24 hours but Im not trying run anything that intense.

By not being "prime stable" you are at some level getting data corruption on your hard drive. What that equates to is a premature HD failure coupled with a greater chance of not recovering any data when it carshes.

What are the reasons you guys o/c for?

Because I can.

You're not gonna see a big difference in your 3dmark scores simply because that benchie is all about your vid card. If you want the best tool (IMO) for seeing how your rig performs use CTIAW.

GD

lol...The good ol because I can ... :p o/cing is deffinetely an addiction. Gd if you arent prime stable 24 hours that means there could be data corruption but if a program isnt using 100% of the cpu will you still get data corruption? does this question make sense ? lol

Back