• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Connector Question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

crazyminded

Registered
what is the name of the connector that connects the power switch to the pin header on the motherboard ( the liitle 2 and 4 pin connectors) and where can i find the at?

complex header

I thought most cases have wires with the connector already on the end which you connect... My new panterion case had like 5 or 6 plugs which I connected to the complex header. power, reset, led's... they all connect to different pins on the complex header.

It could be a tough part to find... I would pirate it from an old case if possible and splice the wires together.

WELCOME TO THE FORUMS!

EDIT: copied post from other thread in.

Last edited:
rthank you and sorry for the double port but wasnt sure when it would be seen as there not being many port there.. Anyways i'm wanting the connector for modding they are the right size for the type of mods that i'm doing. I'm finding it very hard to find these connector or something close to them

Yeah, this forum is probably a better place for it.

Hmmm... so you need more than just a couple? I would look through electrical supply places or places dealing molex connectors... Not sure how to find it. Be sure to update the thread if you find a source before anyone else does. It's always good to know where to find obscure parts that you don't really think about. :)

Welcome to the forums.

IMOG said:
complex header

If you say so, never knew that.
I recently bought some (Male, Male @ 90 degree angle and female breakaway rows of 36) over here they're not that hard to find (local electronics store) although they're not shrouded, so I needed to use some heat shrink.

Try Electronic Plus Inc. or Atex Electronics. **EDIT** if you're not sure which you need call them, you need the 1/10" (or 2.54mm) pitch connectors.

BTW: I needed them to hook up my DIY IrDA module to my MOBO so I can transfer games, photo's and apps to and from my Symbian cell phone (Nokia 6600 with Win XP theme:p ).

Complex header is the pin header he was referring to on his mobo, not the actual connectors though, I guess that wasn't clear in my post.

Thanks killorbe for the sites i only wish that the had pic's of the items as i need a few differant sizes and not sure of the name of these connector are..... For those that are not sure what i'm talking about i will post a pic later today

**EDIT** sorry just read killorbe's post better and seen the name you gave, 6am here and just got up for work :(

Last edited:
If oyu want to really dig. www.digikey.com . They have tons of stuff but they are sort of hard to find. You may can request a catalog though. It is easier to find stuff than on the net.

Hope that helps.

Later

:D :D :D

Back