• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

setting refresh rate in games

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

bdomz

I like to play most games at 1600 x 1200 but when I do this my monitor automatically defaults to a refresh rate of 60 Hz. Every time I start up a game I need to minimize it and go into the control panel and put the refresh rate back up to 85 Hz.

No big deal but some games like COD can't be minimized so I'm stuck playing at 60hz. Is there any way around this? Any way to configure the monitor to choose 85hz every time?

thanks in advance :cool:

No how do I do that?, I have an ATI card and checked in all the display options. As far as the Monitor, It's a refurbished Dell Trinitron, It didnt come with any software.

Right click on desktop and go to properties. Click advanced in the settings tab. Go to the monitor tab and set your refresh rate. Now click on the displays tab and click on the word Monitor. Then set refresh rate override to same as desktop.

Back