• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

THOROUGHBRED locked or unlocked?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

charliemopic

Registered
AXDA2400KV3C
AIUHB0247XPCW

after much thread searching i finally give up. Please can anyone tell me if this chip is unlocked, if not can it be unlocked by purchasing one of these? Athlon XP Unlocking Kit
Your help would be greatly appreciated and thanks in advance.

Am running it on an A7N8X Rev2.0 board. I can change the multiplier but not the FSB, am stuck with 100,133,166 and 200.
Is this right or is there something I am missing?

Thank you

You need to set the FSB to manual somewhere in BIOS, read the mobo manual before overclocking, you don't want to fry your CPU through trial and error.

Got it, have to change to user defined. Is it common not to be able to boot when raising the fsb slightly?

If you're using a Thoroughbred retail hetasink and/or a cheapo power supply, yes.

Otherwise Thoroughbred B averages 2.3 GHz with adequate cooling and PSU.

I'm not sure with that motherboard, but you may need to do wire tricks to get to the lower multis. That processor isn't superlocked though. If you can't get the lower multis then a simple wire mod should fix it.

Back