• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Splinter Cell Pandora Tomorrow Multiplayer!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

twEEkerAreUs

I've been playing the Multiplayer demo off & on between BF Vietnam and I have to say I'm impressed. At first like "A LOT" of people, I thought the Multiplayer was horrible untill I truly figured out how to play and what everything does. It kind of has a higher learning curve then most FPS games to say the least but once you get the hang of it you become addicted. Anyone play Multiplayer Demo or the full game? Thinking about buying it this week, already ordered a Mic :p ........Looking for some decent players to play with that actually know what there doing Heh.

I just d/led the demo yesterday and played it a couple times. Seems pretty cool but im still learning how to play it as well. Dunno if Im gonna buy it though. UT2k4 is getting a lot of my gaming time.

yea, the learning curve is definately high on this one.

I am convinced that a seperate team made the multiplayer, instead of one team making the multi and single player. The controls are just so different.....I suppose its nescessary, but still.

But once you learn how to play, and once you learn the maps, it's a real blast.

It was fun for the first days. At first, it seems impossible if you play either sides, but I'll give a few tips to help out the ppl who needs it.

Mercs

You got two very important goggles. One is motion tracking and the other is called EMF.

Motion tracking tracks movement (duh). The spy can sit still and you won't be able to track him, but if he moves slightly, you will see him.

Second one is probably more important. EMF allows you to see any electronic device in your area, even thru walls if you're near them. Why is this important? Whenever a spy uses his goggles, you will see him. But this is countered by the spy turning off all gadgets and hide in the shadows.

Your flashlight is probably the most important. If he's sitting still and has all of his gadgets turned off, this is the only way to spot him. Besides, the flashlight helps you navigate. :)

Spytraps and mines are like mouse traps for the mercs. For spy traps, they activate by a spy crossing the laser beams and then tracking the guy for ya. Put them where the spy won't see them. Mines, whenever enemy touches them, boom. Put them where they won't expect them (like a jump from an elevator chute).

Spies

This is one of the most fun classes because you need to know where the enemy is and then go where he is not there. But you can also break enemy's neck. :)

Thermal goggles allows you to see anything heat related. Flash them on for a sec to see any mercs in the shadows, then turn them off. They're not really good for navigating.

Night vision is more useful in navigating, but if you rely on it too much the enemy can see you using EMF. Turn them off when you think an enemy is nearby.

Spy bullet (you have to use secondary mode with your rifle to shoot it) tracks the enemy if you hit them. If you instead hit the wall next to him, it'll act like a little radar for that area and tells you when someone shows up.

Sticky camera (also shot from the rifle) is pretty useful too. It's a good way to shoot across the room to see if any enemy is there. You can also use thermal and night vision with this gadget. You'll love this little fella.

Flash bangs are your best friend in close combat. It totally screws up their view and allows you to get behind him in his confusion and snap his neck.... or to get away. Use these from the shadows to really freak a merc out.

Chaff disables any electronic device (except for your's) in a small area. This distorts the merc's view a bit and it won't allow him to reload his weapon (that doesn't make any sense!), but he can still shoot.

And finally, as a spy you have plenty of moves. Don't run thru the hallways, go through the vents or go outside. If you have no choice but go through the hallways, go slow and hide in the shadows. There's a chance the merc is too busy covering grounds to use his flashlight to scope the shadows.

Hopefully playing will be a little easier with these advice. Awesome demo, I just wish more than 4 players can play. :(

I bought the game and have tried to play multiplayer several times, I think its rather dissapointing, having trouble joining a team when I connect to a server, can't figure out how to enable punkbuster, only 4 people max per server, etc etc

Alucard , I don't have the full but I heard Punkbuster had some issues or something. 4 People Max is perfect.......Honestly I wouldn't wany anymore otherwise it would be so unbalanced it's not even funny. Joining a team? The only thing that gets annoying is people creating servers and then quitting and UBI Match Service Servers must be slow because it still shows they as active. Otherwise not any other huge problems. I know there is already a patch go figure Lol.

PB does have issues. Whenever you enable it, and quit, it disappears.

I got a fix for it, but I can't find it anymore....if you want, I can send you the file...or if anyone were to be so generous to host it. All it does is replace the pb folder in your splinter cell folder. So far, I haven't had the problem since. I got the fix from someone at shacknews (did a google search and turned up a comment thread)

I would think that they're going to release a patch in the near future....there are a lot of bugs that need to be worked out. But aside from bugs, I think things are very well balanced.

It's very disappointing to me on the xbox, because there is no split screen. :( There are hardly any good split screen games. Thats one of the reasons Halo is so well liked. Sometimes I think they are leaving out split screen to try and drive up Live sales. Well enough about my Xbox rant. I didn't know the demo was out on PC. I'll have to check that out!

It's very disappointing to me on the xbox, because there is no split screen. There are hardly any good split screen games. Thats one of the reasons Halo is so well liked. Sometimes I think they are leaving out split screen to try and drive up Live sales. Well enough about my Xbox rant. I didn't know the demo was out on PC. I'll have to check that out!

Lol how on earth could you play Multiplayer on Split Screen? It would be like a Hacker being able to see through walls. You would just look at the top or bottom and BAM you know where they are. Some games could be split screen, but you truly need seperate screens for this game other wise it isn't fair. I could see 2 Team Mates on 1 TV and vice versa. But I always hated not having my own screen on Counsle's......

Whats the name of that file dave? I guess I could use it till a freaking patch comes out lol

Alucard, Not to get off topic but is that icon of your's Caleb from Blood the PC Game? If so you rock Lol!

KfistoRok said:
It's very disappointing to me on the xbox, because there is no split screen. :( There are hardly any good split screen games. Thats one of the reasons Halo is so well liked. Sometimes I think they are leaving out split screen to try and drive up Live sales. Well enough about my Xbox rant. I didn't know the demo was out on PC. I'll have to check that out!

on this game it would be like SC for n64, "OMG ur coming at me with such and such but im screwedzo0rs cause u know where i am and that i have no defense near my base!1111"

Alucard said:
Whats the name of that file dave? I guess I could use it till a freaking patch comes out lol

I have contacted Dave via PMs and I will be hosting the file as soon as I can get it from him.

BTW Dave YGPM.

EDIT: HERE is the link for the patch.

Last edited:
alright, I sent Sniper the file and he has it hosted here (thanks a lot for the hosting, btw):

http://www.xtremepctech.com/users/temp/downloads/pb.zip

Once you download the file, do the following:

BACKUP YOUR STUFF FIRST

You can always reinstall PB if this fails, but I can't take responsibility if it does fail....obligitory "don't blame me if your computer blows up." :D

Go into C:\Program Files\Ubisoft\Splinter Cell Pandora Tomorrow\online\System\ and delete the folder named "pb" entirely (a better idea would be to move it to another folder, in case something does go wrong).

Once you've done that, extract the file you downloaded to that very same spot. The file is a complete replacement for the folder you just deleted. Just unzip it and put it where it belongs (the path mentioned above) and you should be done.

To go into detail about the problem, if you notice after you log in a profile, there SHOULD be a checkbox in the lower right corner that says "Enable Punkbuster" or something similar. The problem that has been happening is that once you enable it once, it's fine...but once you quit the game, it becomes disabled and for some WEIRD reason the button disappears...meaning you can never re-enable it after that. This replacement folder should be a fix for it...I dunno why, lol. Anyhow, if it doesn't permenantly fix it, you now have a fresh folder that will work when you copy it over...so if the button does disappear again, just repeat the steps above and you will be able to play for another session, lol.

Anyway, this should hold you all over until a patch comes out...again, I dunno why this file works and nobody elses does...I got it from someone at shacknews and I think he was a mod or something, so he must have special privelages, heh.

Back