• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

EBgames dvd ut2004 april 13

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I know one person that just MUST have the dvd version....ohwell, the cd version isnt too bad. It has a nice holder thing so they can all stay together. Atleast there is now a date for the people that must have a dvd version to look forwards to/know its going to come out.

Binow said:
Isn't it on DVD so that you dont have to have 6 CD's?

I almost bought Far Cry and was looking on the back of the box to notice that it was 5 CD's! That in itself doubles (a little more) and in the case of UT 2004 here, would triple the chances of my dumba$$ losing a disc (or scratching on beyond repair). It sounds small in the scheme of things, but I'd rather have the 2 DVD's as I format my comp all the time.

Thanks for the heads up Wildfrogman!

I suppose all new software will eventually be forced to go to DVD format and CD's will be just like 8-tracks

UT2k4 is 6 discs, but only 1 of those discs is a play disc, the other 5 are all install discs So what's the point of getting it on DVD if the 5 extra CDs are just gonna be sitting on your rack. also of note, it takes 5.5 gigs of space installed and well worth the 34.99 Best Buy charged me for it. =)

Shoeby said:
So what's the point of getting it on DVD if the 5 extra CDs are just gonna be sitting on your rack.

Like I said in my post, if you format alot, then you want just a few discs as the more you have the greater the chance there is of losing a disc or sctratching one beyond repair.

In my case(no pun intended) cd amount is important. I recently just converted all my tiny cd-wallets to one BIG 264 disc wallet. I'd want it to be as compact as possible, don't want to have to buy another one.

I still bought the 6 cd version, though. :)

I bought the CD's too.

I might just get the DVD version anyway, and sell the CD set to a buddy of mine locally for cheap... Frankly the only reason I want the DVD's is the content on Disk 2... the info/tutorials on mapping and skinning. I couldn't care about the silly headset.

I bought the 6 cd version and had a friend copy his dvd version of it....this way I still have the valid cd key but I can have an .iso of the dvd version just in case anything ever happens to one of my install cd's.

DVD ver. also installs a lot quicker and easier...

Main reason for me getting the DVD version is that I hate swapping CDs on install. I like just popping in the disc and let the install go. I can do other stuff while it installs in the background.

Grr, i have a rain check for bb for the dvd version but mine comes with headset , its $30 and bb never gets any in. :( , im tempted to get the cd version but i want the headset bc i dont have one lol

Heh. Lots of CDs don't bother me, when you collect anime you tend to have several hundred CDs laying around anyways.... :D

I can understand your point if you reformat a lot, there's always that chance of damaging a CD, but why wait? It's such an awesome game. and besides if you use them once and deposit them back in the case the chance of scratching/damaging one is like nil

Dvd is the only way for me since I'm always re-installing,that and the fact that I don't have a headset yet either.It does seem like the dvds' install quicker,but its probably just cause I'm not constantly switching discs around.

Back