• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Mobile 2500+ just came in and...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dreIU

I forgot how to approach the OC... or even burning it in. My current chip was never burnt in (I dont think at least); I just ran it for like one month at stock and then I discovered how easy it was to OC and I just went to town on it.

So as far as I am concerned, I think I will do the same with this one... minus the one month of stock. I do remember reading about upping hte voltage and running the card at stock speeds, and that would burn it in... but I am not certain about that.

If anyone has any suggestions, lemme know. thanks.

Newegg and just came in today, ordered it one thursday of last week (I believe). I am in a real hurry (must get to class real quick), but I will post the stepping as soon as I get back (I assume that it is printed right on the processor right? thx.

{PMS}fishy said:
Burn in is a joke. Just slap that badboy in and crank it up.

Awesome, I love hearing that!!

Here is what it says on the chip:
AXMH2500QQ4C Z374265K30694
IQYHA 03485PMW

Now I have no idea what that means, except that I need to get my eyes checked out :D

It means an IQYHA stepping, made '03 week 48, end of november, early december.
Should be a pretty good OCer, 2.5GHz should not pose a problem for it. maybe even 2.6...

OK I just popped er in, and I am priming it at 200*11 at 1.725vcore... BUT I forgot what setting to put prime at... I currently have it at "blend, where it tests everything."

Also, I was wondering if I was starting to prime it too low, I mean can I just set the clock high and then prime it or start low like i am. thanks

Some people like to do this in baby steps and climb up with the speed.
What I like to do is just up it as high as it will go, then lower the speed or up the voltage till i hit stability at the highest possible speed.

Good Lord this thing runs soooo HOT! I will definitely have to get better cooling. Right now I am Priming the S out of it (12x200 at 1.725vcore) and it is running at a constant 57Celcius (the diode!!!!). OMG.

What do you guys reccomend (Thermalright with what fan again?)... I want to order it ASAP. thanks in advance!

I would recomend you (if you haven't already) get some AS5 or Artic Ceramique. Also try mounting the HS again. You might have put too little/too much thermal paste on and that can affect your temps. Or if you are running like an NF7 or similar board that has a probe in the socket to sense the heat, those are usually over by a bit.

Actually, I left the thermal paste at home (so I do not have any on there at the moment :eek: ), and I think it was junky one at that.

So you are saying that I should put some of that on there before I order anything else cooling related?

Well, I would still like to get an opinon on what fan to get for the thermalright slk-947u. The smart fan 80mm souunds good, But I do not know if it pushes enough CFM... or where to get it from (newegg is out of them, or else I do not see them). Thanks again.

dreIU said:
Actually, I left the thermal paste at home (so I do not have any on there at the moment :eek: ), and I think it was junky one at that.

Um, that would be why it's running hot....

but not THAT hot... my xp3000+ had no AS5 on it and idled at 39 max at 50 this one max at 57...

Anyway, will someone reccomend a fan for the slk-947u please?
And, I will be putting some thernal paste as soone as I can get my hands on it (can I just order it form like newegg without ordering anything else?) thanks

SmartFan2... comes with an adjustable regulator knob. max airflow is 75cfm which is about right. Igot the 92mm Tornado F5 (119 CFM) however, I like to hear what else is going on around the house. (somewhere in the 60-65db range at full speed). the smartfan2 is an 80mm fan, and MHO, does a better job than the 92mm fan.

dreIU said:
but not THAT hot... my xp3000+ had no AS5 on it and idled at 39 max at 50 this one max at 57...

Anyway, will someone reccomend a fan for the slk-947u please?
And, I will be putting some thernal paste as soone as I can get my hands on it (can I just order it form like newegg without ordering anything else?) thanks

I like the loud 80mm tornado's hehe. 84cfm with alittle higher 12+rail alway's work's wounder's.

But if you want a adjustable get the SF2.

Back