• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

you intel cpu info

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

syberspy9

i was reading maxpc and it said that you go to intel.com and you tiep in you S# thats you get of the cpu (its ingraved on the heatspreader)

then intel will tell you all ya wana know like when it was main and all of its max settings all sorts of info

any one heard of this S# and were on intel.comdo i go to tiep my #in so i can find my cpu info?

Just type it into google or the search bar on intel's site.
Always works for me.

So my 2.4B is an SL6D7 Costa Rica. CPU-Z also gives these stats too, and it's a simple program.

Fyberwire,

I just pulled a sl6d7 2.4ghz maylay, these are B0 stepping cpus that we have. I was wondering, how long have you had yours? What voltage do you use, and is 2.88 your max overclock?

As for the topic: My current CPU is 2.6C stable at 3.2ghz with default vcore, SL6WH D1 Maylay.

yes ok back to my Q
max pc talked like this S# that u give intel will tell you evry thing cpu Z gives u lots but this info there talking about intel as on there sytem files its not built into the cpu so cpu z can only tell you so mutch

whats with ur thats its so great D1 stepping whats the diff

edit: just what is mo stepping??? is it good or bad?

Last edited:
i was saying "whats with ur thats its so great D1 stepping whats the diff"
to U but as for

edit: just what is mo stepping??? is it good or bad?

any one can tell me that plz thad would be great

so is my mo stepping good??

no clue im just saying my is a Champ oc's to 3gig no problem so i guess its a good stepping. please tell us both if their good (i know mines better) ;)

yes plz explain stepping to us and it are stepping good??
well my 2.4 i never even oc'ed it well i jumped it up to 2.6 with stock cooling just so i could say i oc'ed i didnt wana oc it i wanted my 2.8C u never know my 2.4 could be a oc tanker never been bushed to the limit so dont know
ps im selling my 2.4B what sould it be sold for canadian???

MO stepping p4's came in 2 varieties. 2.8's and 2.4's. my 2.4c is a MO and my max oc is 3.65ghz.

i've got a sl6z3, you've got a sl6z5.

basically, MO's are cut down p4EE chips (they come with 2mb of l2) that didn't make the cut at 3.2ghz on stock volts, or there was something wrong with the extra cache so intel couldn't sell them as 3.2EE's.

they typically overclock really well on low volts, but not everyone is lucky.

i would say that chip should give a easy 3.4, and 3.6+ if you know what you are doing/have good cooling.

Im on water cooling.. Here are some screenies of my setup

stats.png

This is the latest info on my system.

info.jpg

This is my CPUZ spit out.

syberspy@school said:
so ur saying my 2.8C is good its really good
its a EE that just was i tiny bit undr min specks so they made it into my 2.8C
so i should oc well??

what about my cpu i just removed from my comp

??it any good

yeah, your 2.8c is pretty good. i wish i had one. but i like my 2.4c its faast with its high *** fsb.

your old chip may or may not be able to hit 3ghz. i dunno, its hard to say.

forget it though. your 2.8c would be faster than it at stock, even if it could hit 3.0.

the 2.8 has a stock fsb of 800 vs 533 on your old chip, plus you got HT now. :clap:

Back