• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

1.5volt DDR?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

@md0Cer

Somewhere I was reading they mentioned their DDR running at 1.5 volt, was that a typo? Becuase my stock vdimm is 2.5 and I have it at 2.9.

I would imagine that's a typo, because I don't think most mobos even let you go below 2.0

I saw someone a while ago that had 1.5v listed in their signature for their DDR voltage. I commented on that, and said it should probably read 2.5, to which they replied "are you sure?" I said that DDR voltage should be around 2.8 volts anyway, to which he replied along the lines of "tried it at 1.8 volts, but didn't notice anything so dropped it back to 1.5."

So I don't know, maybe some BIOS's are reporting it incorrectly.

Yea. Maybe these people where confusing their vcore :eek:

Wow DDR2 at 1.8volts. Thats nice. I have a feeling DDR is going the way of RD and SD ram and DDR2 is going to come. Only problem is that it is kinda pricy.

Well, anyways, thanks for the replys guys.

@md0Cer said:
Yea. Maybe these people where confusing their vcore :eek:

Wow DDR2 at 1.8volts. Thats nice. I have a feeling DDR is going the way of RD and SD ram and DDR2 is going to come. Only problem is that it is kinda pricy.

Well, anyways, thanks for the replys guys.

I have DDR2 ram, its freaking slow and produces and insane amount of heat. The latenceys on it are really bad too. I think mine is doing ~190MHz, if I remember correctly. Maybe its just because I have semi pre-release chips. I have ramsinks and a fan blowing on the chips and they are still warm to the touch.

Back