• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

USB 2.0 fix for people

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

tbones1337

All right, people all over have issues with 2.0 you have to Upgrade to SP1. You dont need to.

note: I dont support piracy of software or music/videos, i dont support WPA cracks or any thing to bypass the copy protection of Software/OS's.

Some people will have issues with SP1 install, or they are on dial-up and dont want to order a cd, or they are like me and are too damn lazy to upgrade (i dont want to wait 30 minutes to DL then more time to install, plus i DO have a legit XP (home). Back on topic. For the people who dont want to Upgrade to SP1 (for any reason, again i dont support piracy). You can download the 98/me drivers for the board. My asus, i downloaded the VIA 98/me drivers for USB 2.0 it worked. My friends shuttle, same thing.

The 98/me drivers work fine in XP havent tested in 2k (dont have a copy).

Yes, i know some of you who dont update to SP1 are Pirates. Again i dont support the act of piracy, on any Microsoft product and other software out there. If you need help finding the drivers for your board, i can help. PM or AIM me.

also if you can't install sp1, you can grab the usb drivers which are extracted when installing sp1 and install the usb2.0 drivers manually... thats how i did mine because i had problems installing sp1.

Back