• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

just got a 3.4c and cant overclock

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

sflyer

I've been wanting to get in to this for a while. I have done more reading than probably necessary and just when I think I understand what I am doing, I cant do it. My set up is IC7 Abit, 3.4c, OCZ PC3700 and Windows XP Pro among other misc components. I figured I would be able to change the FSB from 200 to 201 (just to get started obviously) leaving it at a 1:1 and with out changing any voltages or anything. When I save and reboot, befor it gets to windows it say that it has detected a registry/configuration error and to use scanreg to correct this error. No matter what I try it always ends up saying that it is missing the file VMM32.vxd I turn the computer off reset the Bios and then it boots normally. Any Idea what I am doing wrong or what I need to do. Please help.

Thanks
sflyer

p.s. I have tried changing the voltages a little but with no success.

sflyer said:
I've been wanting to get in to this for a while. I have done more reading than probably necessary and just when I think I understand what I am doing, I cant do it. My set up is IC7 Abit, 3.4c, OCZ PC3700 and Windows XP Pro among other misc components. I figured I would be able to change the FSB from 200 to 201 (just to get started obviously) leaving it at a 1:1 and with out changing any voltages or anything. When I save and reboot, befor it gets to windows it say that it has detected a registry/configuration error and to use scanreg to correct this error. No matter what I try it always ends up saying that it is missing the file VMM32.vxd I turn the computer off reset the Bios and then it boots normally. Any Idea what I am doing wrong or what I need to do. Please help.

Thanks
sflyer

p.s. I have tried changing the voltages a little but with no success.

Did you set the AGP/PCI to fixed? Also, are you using a SATA drive?

When I go 1 mhz out of spec with the AGP/PCI (66/33) my hard drives aren't detected.

Possibly you are having similar problems.

THanks guys, it was the AGP/PCI. I fixed it and it works fine. THanks alot.

sflyer

Lock the agp/pci bus. *nevermind I see that already fixed the problem*

I actually have backed down from that speed. I am now running at 3662 mh with a fsb of 215. These processors run hot and I am on stock HSF and a case. Will be upgrading my cooling soon and hopefully beable to juice up the vcore and run stable at around 225 to 230. I will have to wait.

Well, i've got poor watercooling and run @ 229fsb stable on default vcore (1.44 on my overvolting abit ic7) so there's plenty of life left in it. Get nice ram, a 3rd party temp node and get goin!

~t0m

Back