• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

She lives

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Bender

Mysteriously Changing Senior
In Thelemac's Basement Eating the Chickens
My duron 600 is amazingly still alive after a chipped corner. I thought that was the reason for my computer not booting but I found out it was my A7V133. Thankfully Newegg.com is refunding my money since they don't have a refurbished board to send me. Now I have to chose between an A7V133 or an Iwill KK266 Pro. I am leaning toward the Asus since I can do the volt mod very easily. Any reasons I should concider the Iwill instead. I don't want to go DDR since I am tight on cash right now. Actually would anyone be interested in trading 256mb ddr for 256mb Tonicom Pc166?

I believe the Iwill is a SDRAM board. I just ordered one from NewEgg. The volt mod is the same as the Abit KT7 series and the board is supposed to hit 160 MHz FSB. The Asus still has only two phase power for the CPU. I think it may have trouble at high voltage and high speeds.

One thought on your Duron. You may want to scrub the die with Dawn dishwashing liquid and water. After it dries, put some Scotch tape on the top and paint the chiped area with clear nail polish. This will help it keep from further chipping and seal the die so you can use Arctic Silver without any worries. Don't forget to remove the tape before you install the CPU!

ddr is dirt cheap right now.........I guess if u wanna save cash that bad...........256 mb of pc2100 of crucial is like $41 at their website......

If I go the ddr rout I will go with the Epox board and probably Mushkin ram. Mushkin direct from the factory is pretty cheep right now and I'm sure it won't be hard to get rid of my tonicom. How is Mushkin PC2400 at vaery high FSB speeds? What is the best ddr for overclocking?

nail polish

Colin...does the nail polish really work that well, and is there a particular brand, or will any do? I chipped the corner of my t'bird 900 trying to attach a KWI super orb. (which I have graciously donated to someone else's cause). Anyway, all the wife has is hooker red polish, and with something specific I'm sure that I could persuade her to purchase it for me.

Also, would that be just a single coating of polish, or perhaps more? Does the polish affect cooling?

Back